Executive Assistant to SVP - National Black Child Development Institute
For over 48 years, the National Black Child Development Institute (NBCDI) has been at the forefront of engaging leaders, policymakers, professionals, and parents around critical and timely issues that directly impact Black children and families. We are a trusted partner in delivering culturally relevant, culturally responsive, and trauma-informed resources that respond to the unique strengths and needs of Black children around issues including early childhood education, health, child welfare, literacy, and family engagement. With the support of our National Affiliate Network in communities across the country, we are committed to our mission, "to improve and advance the quality of life for Black children and families through education and advocacy."
The National Black Child Development Institute's Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President (SVP) is responsible for planning, organizing, and supporting key functions for the SVP's primary responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Support for Senior Vice President:
- Provide administrative support to the HR, Finance and Operations team as a liaison to the SVP when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the SVP calendar including adding events, rescheduling appointments, and providing daily briefings.
- General Administration and Office Management:
- Provide support and research for potential vendors such as changes in equipment, insurance coverage, benefits, or brokers. Acts as primary gatekeeper and liaison to vendors.
- Provides on-site support for local employees at the main office.
- Receive mailings in-office and sort to appropriate individuals.
- Assist with Board administration and onboarding process as needed.
- Assist with coordination of board engagement activities.
- Finance Administration:
- Receive and sort financial mailing, route to appropriate office and ensure accounts payable and receivable are appropriately tracked.
- Assist with financial process and planning, including accounts payable and receivable.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS
- Excellent analytic, writing, and strategic planning skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple, often-conflicting deadlines; establish and negotiate timelines; and ensure timely delivery of high-quality work.
- Creativity, flexibility, sound judgment, and ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Effective interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally and compassionately with diverse staff, clients, and consultants across varied geographies.
- A team player who can add value to NBCDI beyond their area of expertise.
- Deep demonstrated passion for and commitment to NBCDI's mission and a track record of driving impact on cross-cutting social justice issues and movement building.
- Outstanding organizational, programmatic, and financial administration experience.
- Experience in role utilizing a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Experience with multiple software systems including Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, CRM Systems, SharePoint and OneDrive.
- Experience creating high-level visual and written communications.
- Results-oriented and able to execute with high attention to detail.
- Ability to translate, via written and verbal communication, complex issues into understandable formats.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with the capacity to make decisions and anticipate needs.
- A commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Exceptional communication skills with commitment to quality of written and verbal materials.
Preferred working location is Washington DC or ability to travel to DC weekly. This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 15 lbs. Requires the ability to periodically travel locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.
Nonprofit HRSilver Spring, MD
Get fresh Executive Assistant to SVP - National Black Child Development Institute jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.