Chief Operating Officer: International Economic Development Council (IEDC)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Chief Operating Officer: International Economic Development Council (IEDC)
About Us: The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) is a non-profit, non-partisan membership organization serving economic developers. With more than 4,400 members, IEDC is the largest association for economic developers in the world. IEDC provides stakeholders and members with the tools and resources to drive more equitable economic outcomes. That may include training and professional development on a wide variety of economic development and related topic areas; technical assistance directly to communities; cutting-edge research; publications and other resources, policy and advocacy and networking opportunities with their peers. From public to private, rural to urban, and local to international, IEDC’s members are engaged in the full range of economic development experiences. Given the breadth of economic development work, our members are employed in a wide variety of settings including local, state, provincial, and federal governments, public-private partnerships, chambers of commerce, universities, and a variety of other institutions. When we succeed, our members create high-quality jobs, develop vibrant communities, and improve the quality of life in their regions. Learn more about us
Location: This position is eligible to be located outside commuting distance of IEDC’s Washington, DC, office, and applicants throughout the United States are encouraged to apply. Travel up to 20% is required.
About this Opportunity: The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) seeks an energetic, experienced, visionary, and results-oriented Chief Operating Officer (COO) to ensure the organization’s optimal functioning to advance its mission and build a culture of collaboration and accountability throughout the organization. The COO will report directly to the President and CEO and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization's operations. In addition to guiding the implementation of our strategic plan and establishing performance metrics, this role will play a pivotal part in driving collaboration across the organization and ensuring the efficient functioning of our systems and processes and providing quality control across the organization as it continues to grow. The COO will work collaboratively with the CEO to strengthen and grow the organization and to drive our mission forward, fostering innovation, promoting economic growth, and helping IEDC achieve its full potential.
Collaborate and Execute on Vision and Strategic Planning Implementation:
- Partner with the CEO, the Board and Senior Leadership Team to craft the long-range planning and strategy to achieve IEDC’s vision.
- Manage strategic initiatives with a focus on collaboration with and implementation across the senior leadership team and organization.
- Support execution of key priorities, engaging across the senior leadership team and effectively deploying operations.
- Provide effective internal management that supports responsiveness to IEDC’s vision and changes in direction and priorities.
- Cultivate and steward key relationships in collaboration with the CEO, including the Board of Directors, industry, funding and operations leaders.
- Translate the organization's strategic goals into actionable initiatives.
- Monitor progress and make necessary adjustments to achieve objectives.
Performance Metrics and Measurement:
- Develop and implement performance metrics across all departments.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to assess organizational performance.
- Regularly review and report on performance data to inform decision-making.
- Lead coordination of strategic plan implementation goals and metrics and board reporting across organization.
- Develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes, and human capital to take IEDC to the next level of operational excellence in support of strategic initiatives and long-term goals.
- Work with the Leadership Team to remove roadblocks, enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness, and lead the administrative functions of the organization including information technology and human resources.
- Take responsibility for all internal and external operations, systems, and processes.
- Ensure the efficient functioning of the organization, optimizing workflows and resource allocation.
Customer Service Excellence and Quality Control:
- Implement and maintain high standards of customer service and engagement.
- Foster a customer-centric culture throughout the organization.
- Monitor and respond to feedback from members, partners, and stakeholders to enhance their experience.
- Collaborate with the CFO to implement quality control processes and procedures.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to enhance quality.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of quality control measures.
- Oversee and provide guidance to all department heads within the organization.
- Foster a collaborative and results-driven culture among departmental teams.
- Manage and support the professional development of the operations team.
- Ensure alignment of departmental objectives with the organization's strategic plan.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including members, partners, and community leaders.
- Represent the organization at industry events and conferences.
- Contribute to the development of strategies to expand and strengthen the organization.
- Identify opportunities for growth, partnerships, and new initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, or a related field (Master’s preferred).
- 10+ years senior management experience leading a diverse group of support functions for a large, complex organization.
- Proven experience in a leadership role within a non-profit organization, trade association, or economic development field.
- Demonstrated experience in operational planning, data analysis, budgeting, and business operations management.
- Ability to attract, develop, and retain talented individuals; create an environment that ensures staff realize their highest potential and supporting the organization as a whole to meet future challenges.
- Strong strategic planning and execution skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Financial acumen and experience with budget management.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investments in people and systems.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of integrity, strong interpersonal skills, and advance responsibility and accountability.
- An excellent and active listener who can quickly gather, synthesize, and act on feedback from diverse sources.
- A collaborative and innovative mindset.
- Commitment to the mission and values of IEDC.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
Nonprofit HR is committed to fostering and maintaining a work environment where diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are fully integrated into everything we do for the benefit of our employees and the clients that we serve. To fully realize our goal, we prioritize our understanding of the complexities of DEI within our workforce to inform our approach to talent management. We believe that this guides how we do our work, advise our clients to operationalize DEI and position our content and educational opportunities help strengthen the talent management capacity of the social impact sector.
Continue reading our about our commitment at nonprofithr.com/deinow.
Powered by JazzHR
Nonprofit HRWashington, DC
Get fresh Chief Operating Officer: International Economic Development Council (IEDC) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.