The Technical Service Technician performs a variety of technical duties to include electronic repairs and technical phone support with minimal supervision. Responsible for technical assistance, investigation, evaluation, and/or repair on customer and company owned equipment. The Technical Service Technician performs duties related to domestic and international customers and distributors, while effectively interacting with all company personnel. Follows documented policies and procedures as designated by the company's Quality System.
Hours: M-F, 8:30am-5:00pm
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform functional testing of PCB assemblies and final assemblies according to test procedures.
- Analyze and troubleshoot basic to complex failures on all production assemblies (both analog and digital electronics).
- Remove and install electronic components on PCB assemblies including both thru-hole and surface mount technology.
- Make technical suggestions regarding modifications to documentation, product performance, failure analysis, and complaint reporting.
- Provide appropriate product information regarding clinical application, function, and specifications.
- Assist customers with troubleshooting via phone and email.
- Document customer issues and support actions taken in RAN database.
- Assist with decontamination and documentation of returned equipment for repair.
Required Education & Experience:
- 2 year degree in engineering technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1+ year of directly related experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive background in practical electronics, electronic test equipment and troubleshooting (both analog and digital).
- Demonstrated knowledge, skill and ability in all applicable types of soldering and soldering rework (including surface mount technology).
- Ability to comprehend oral and written instructions and complete all required documentation.
- Perform work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to rework assemblies and sub-assemblies using soldering equipment, small hand tools, adhesives, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills and efficient management of time and resources.
- Sit, and/or stand for 8 hrs/day.
Nonin Medical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.