Role: Crisis Worker – HelpChatLine
Location: United States, Remote
Hours: Part-Time - Full Time
The STOMP Out Bullying™ HelpChat Line is a free and confidential online chat and crisis line that helps youth ages 13-24 with issues around bullying and cyberbullying; as well as providing support to youths who may be at risk of suicide.
Overview of the role
The Crisis Worker is primarily responsible for fielding chats online. Shifts operate between the hours of 6:00PM EST and 12:00AM daily, including weekends and holidays.
· Trained. You are studying or have a degree in psychology or social work.
· Passionate. You care about all youths. You care about saving lives. You want to change the world
· Not easily shaken. You’re someone who can maintain compassion for our All youth, but aren’t easily rattled by high-stress situations and can thrive in a crisis care setting
· Clear Communicator. You can communicate your thoughts clearly and succinctly. You understand that being a good communicator requires active listening
· Experienced and grounded. You are someone who understands that suicide prevention work is difficult and sometimes taxing. You know how to employ positive self-care and coping skills to keep you strong and engaged
· Organized and efficient. You can communicate clearly and concisely and are able to work with minimal supervision
· Empathetic. You care about the wellbeing of all youth, and respect those around you regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and physical ability
· Flexible. Our lifeline program is 24/7, so we need crisis workers who are willing and able to work late nights into the early morning.
What you’ll do:
· Build trust and provide a safer space for youth to explore issues surrounding sexuality, gender identity and suicidal ideation
· Work with high risk callers at risk for suicide, as well as provide co-counselor support to fellow Crisis Workers
· Assist with special projects, administrative tasks, and mandated reporting, per the discretion of the Crisis Services Manager
· Successfully complete mandatory Lifeline Training
· Ability to work a 6 hour shift between the hours of 6PM EST and 12:00AM EST, which includes a mandatory, unpaid 30-minute break, and have availability for 3 shifts a week including at least one weekend day (ideally 2)
· Must also be available to work weekends and holidays
We’re excited to hear from you! To join STOMP Out Bullying, please upload a resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.