AMAP Medical Counselor for Developmentally Disabled residence
Non For Profit Organization Bronx County, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
PRFI Medical Counselor provide daily support for developmentally disabled adults in our Bronx residences. This is a full time position.
- Administer Medication.
- Check medication/controlled book.
- Check appointment book:
- Fill in top section
- Fill in medications
- When comment section not filled by RN, fill in
- Call in for appointments.
- Charts appointments (needed or made) on wall chart/calendar.
- Take weights/vital signs (chart available for RN at all times).
- Pick up medications (count and enter amount received into medications received book).
- Understand doctor order, follow recommendations/make sure referrals are signed. Notify RN immediately of change in medications, diets or treatments to ensure implementation in a timely fashion.
- File referrals from after nurse reviews them.
- Check “first aid kit” order supplies as needed. Consult with RN as needed.
- Medical records and labs are to be requested two (2) weeks after exam.
- Review individual’s medical records and list finding for RN nurse.
- Fill out medication records.
- Take individuals to appointments (medical, dental, psycho, neuron, derma, etc.).
- Aware of emergency numbers, number to call for appointment and transportation.
- Read in-services book/attend in-services.
- Put seizure record monthly, sugar and acetone test and bowel record and controlled drug sheets monthly, manse charts, etc.
- Complete the AMAP, SCIP and CPR courses.
- In case of an emergency that an individual must be taken to emergency, it is medical person’s responsibility to do so, or ensure it’s done.
- Send day program, doctor’s orders, psych, annual and nutrition.
- Others, as delegated by manager or assistant manager as needed.
- Intervene with DCW any direct emergency or crisis situation
- High School Diploma or GED degree required and a minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience with mentally retarded. Previous OPWDD experience preferred.
- Bilingual English-Spanish preferred.
- NYS license with clear driving history and willingness/ability to drive passenger van.
- AMAP, SCIP and CPR Certification required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to understand sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Strong critical thinking, complex problem solving skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient computer knowledge, including word processing and database software
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level is usually moderate.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT ALL-INCLUSIVE AND AN EMPLOYEE WILL ALSO PERFORM ANY OTHER REASONABLE RELATED BUSINESS DUTIES OR TASKS AS REQUIRED AS ASSIGNED BY MANAGEMENT. THIS ORGANIZATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE AND CHANGE THE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES AS THE NEED ARISES. THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A WRITTEN OR IMPLIED CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT.
Non For Profit Organization
AddressBronx County, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Non For Profit Organization