Employment Status: Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Nomadic Real Estate is a family owned property (residential) management company, recently featured in INC 5000 as one of America's fasting growing private companies! Nomadic was voted as DC's Best Property Management company in 2016 and we anticipate doubling the size of the company over the next 5 years. We seek talented, hard-working, and enthusiastic individuals to join our team!
The Leasing Agent will be scheduled by Leasing Managers to attend rental showings during the following days/times: Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday 12:00 PM to 8:00 PM, and Saturday and Sunday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare each day by reviewing, studying, and knowing property details, neighborhood highlights, and logical facts including rent, availability, utilities, pets, parking, plus time to commute between showings.
- Arrive at showings approximately 15-20 minutes early to ensure properties are prepared to be shown, be ready to provide insight (interior and exterior) to prospective renters, and converse about their situation to determine if rental is a good fit.
- Execute a high level of professionalism in appearance, communication, and customer service
- Identify potential leaseholders and secure online rental applications through strong communication with Leasing Managers.
- Establish rapport with prospective tenants and provide personalized service so they have a positive experience.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and administration.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Associate’s degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Independence: Leasing Agent must manage built out daily schedules, organize to ensure knowledgeable about properties, commute times, and neighborhoods.
- Interpersonal Skills: Agents interact with prospective tenants face-to-face on a daily basis and must be able to listen, respond effectively, and communicate with Leasing Manager to help determine hot leads versus cold leads.
- Persuasion: Skilled leasing agents must be convincing, enhance home/neighborhood features, and friendly to attract qualified tenants.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Leasing agents must be able to troubleshoot when various issues arise such as finicky keys, lockboxes, traffic, locating parking, real estate laws, and sometimes difficult people.
- Positive Leadership skills required.
- Prior property management experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills required with the ability to learn company specific software programs.
- Great organization skills, time management skills, and communication skills are a major plus!
- Leasing Agent must schedule/take/pass the Property Manager exam within the first 30 days of employment. Once the Agent has successfully passed this exam, Nomadic Real Estate will reimburse the employee for the exam fee.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands must be met by an employee in order to be successful to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Must have reliable transportation with current license and insurance. IRS mileage reimbursement for each appointment.
- Position requires high levels of energy and willingness to work long hours.
- Must be able to follow a detailed schedule that is provided daily, be active and in shape to walk from the car to the rental, and throughout the building (if applicable) to show amenities such as rooftops, gyms, storage, parking, etc.
- High level of professionalism
- Must plan accordingly to ensure you stick to the schedule provided
- Must have a customer service mentality
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
- Properties are located throughout metro Washington DC
- Salary listed is guaranteed full-time salary
- Bonus structure as determined by lease volume per management's discretion
- Mileage reimbursement per IRS guidelines
- 401 K matching
- 75% coverage of medical and dental insurance premiums after probationary period
Please include a cover letter and resume