Web Applications Developer / Full Stack
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NOMAD GCS DOES NOT SUPPORT THE H1B VISA FOR THIS POSITION.
Position: Web Applications Developer/Full Stack
Department: IT Services Administrative Engineering
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
Overview: Nomad Global Communications Solutions is a leading provider of communication and response products serving a wide variety of customers. Our purpose is to be the solution when every second matters. We seek a candidate that is self-inspired to learn and demonstrates a high degree of customer service while positively contributing to our team.
The Web Application Developer works in a rapid prototype environment supporting Nomad’s continuous development of proprietary technologies. The position requires the application of independent thinking to develop and test solutions related to centralized control operating tools. This position will also create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Internet/intranet applications; leading a team of developers.
Essential Functions / Responsibility:
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout the development life cycle; determining design methodologies and toolsets; completing programming using languages and software products, designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing a database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by research new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching, and educational opportunities.
Basic Knowledge Desired:
- Understands the significance of the Nomad Core Values and displays a demonstrated willingness to apply them to your work.
- Strong knowledge of:
- Frameworks: Angular 2+, Express JS, Typeform
- Security Principles: JSON Webtokens, Cryptography, Authentication & Authorization
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS, with top-notch programming skills.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Orientated Programming, and web application development.
- Basic knowledge of the Search Engine Optimization process.
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Knowledge and previous hands-on experience working with network diagnostics and network analytical tools.
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk.
- Manual Dexterity, finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, multi-limb coordination.
- Partially environmentally controlled indoor environment. Depending on the time of year, working temperature can fluctuate between 60F and 100F but typically held at 70F.
- Team members are subjected to noise levels which may range from moderately low to loud. A Hearing Conservation Test was performed, eliminating the requirement for hearing protection; however, it is available if needed on the production floor.
- All Team Members must always wear provided OSHA approved eye protection on the Production Floor.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proven 1-3 years of working experience in web programming.
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics and network analytic tools.
Nomad GCS is an equal opportunity employer, (EOE,) and voluntarily follows affirmative action guidelines. As an equal opportunity employer, Nomad GCS does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws.
AddressColumbia Falls, MT
TechnologyView all jobs at Nomad GCS