Assembly / Production Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $16 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Position: Production Technician
Reports To: Team Lead / Strategic & Tactical Program Manager
NOMAD GCS DOES NOT SUPPORT THE H1B VISA FOR THIS POSITION.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A CURRENT AND COMPLETE RESUME TO BE CONSIDERED.
Nomad Global Communication Solutions is a team of professionals committed to developing, designing, engineering, manufacturing, and integrating advanced communication solutions for our ever growing global customer base. We believe that great people are at the heart of our organization. As we endeavor to build a stronger organization and culture, we place a strong emphasis on personal and professional growth.
Overview: Nomad Global Communication Solutions is a leading provider of communication and response products, serving a wide variety of customers. Our purpose is to be the solution when every second matters. We seek a candidate that is self-inspired to learn and demonstrates a high degree of customer service, while positively contributing to our team.
Technicians will represent the organization through their craftsmanship, leadership, and efficiency; they must be hardworking, self-motivated, good at multitasking, have a cooperative attitude, reliable, responsible, dependable, honest, skilled and timely in their assigned processes, be safety-conscious and have the ability to deal effectively in a fast-paced work environment. The Production Technician is critical to Nomad’s success in providing quality products to our customers in a timely fashion.
Essential Functions / Responsibility:
· Preferably has 2 years of experience working within one or more of the following areas:
o Cabinet or countertop Construction
o General construction
o Finish carpentry
o Working with CAD layouts
o General Plumbing (use of PVC, PEX, etc.)
o General hydraulics
o General automotive experience with trucks
· Creation and adaptions of process sheets, kits, and other components for the Lean process.
· Operate a wide variety of testing equipment, including electrical multi-meters, LP leak detectors, high/low voltage metering, and pressure/vacuum testing.
· Will be cross trained to work on a variety of processes including, but not limited to flooring installation, plumbing, door and window installation, stabilizing systems, HVAC, cabinet and countertop making, and welding and technology integration.
· Additional duties on an as-needed basis assigned by management.
Basic Knowledge Desired:
· Understands the significance of the Nomad Core Values and displays a demonstrated willingness to apply them to your work.
· Technicians must be active in working with management in adapting current timelines to increase productivity and safety within the shop.
· Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
· Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of precision technical plans, drawings and models.
· Knowledge of and ability to operate a variety of current standard shop tools to include, but not limited to: corded/cordless drills/drivers/hammer drill, drill press, corded/cordless saws (table, skill, reciprocating, jig, compound miter, radial, band, cut off), grinders, orbit sanders, pneumatic tools (finish nailer, roofing nailer, stapler, impact wrenches, compressors), a wide variety of hand tools (screw drivers, wrenches (box, combination, adjustable, etc.), pliers (needle nose, linesmen, slip joint, strippers/cutters, terminal connectors), bolt cutters, diagonal cutters, Alan keys, socket/driver sets, rulers (metric, standard, carpenter style measuring tapes, protractor/angle finders), stud finders, levels, squares, utility knifes, hammers, wrecking bars, bench vises, clamps, punches, files, putty knives, battery charges/testers, multimeters, rivet guns (air/hand), cable tie guns, cutting tools (drill bits, hole saws), wet/dry vacuum cleaners, etc.)
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms to finger, handle, feel, reach or operate objects, tools or controls.
· Frequently required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear and is occasionally required to sit.
· Must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60lbs unassisted.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to distinguish colors.
· The current work environment is partially environmentally controlled indoor environment. Depending upon the time of year, the working temperature can fluctuate between 60F and 100F, but typically is held around 70F.
· The Employee must have the ability to work from heights at ground floor up to 20’ from the ground on ladders or platforms of varying sizes.
· The Employee may be subjected to noise levels which may range from low volume to loud and will be required to wear provided safety hearing devices from time to time. A Hearing Conservation Test was performed, eliminating the requirement for hearing protection; however, it is available if personally needed.
· The Employee will be exposed to a variety of household/commercial chemicals which will require the Employee to follow company rules/regulations outlined by that chemical’s MSDS.
· All Team Members must wear provided OSHA approved eye protection at all times on the Production Floor.
· PPE – The Employee will be required to wear provided safety eyewear throughout the performance of their duties. In some cases (painting, insulating, undercoating, etc.) the team member may be required to wear a respirator. No Team Member is to perform the duties requiring a respirator until they have successfully complied with the Respiratory Protection Program.
Qualifications & Experience:
· High School Graduate, Diploma or GED received.
· Prefer a minimum of 2 years documented experience working with one or more of the bullet point topics on page 1 under Essential Functions/Responsibility, bullet point three.
· Valid driver’s license in good standing.
Meet Production Standards:
Manufacturing Environment - Willingness and ability to perform repetitive tasks with precision. Willingness and ability to work long and sometimes irregular hours.
Problem Solving - Willingness to take initiative in tackling problems rather than solely relying on directives. Ability to follow logical steps in understanding the root cause and analyzing potential solutions.
Coping Skills - Willingness to use mistakes as a learning opportunity. Ability to accept constructive criticism without taking it personally.
Communication Skills - Ability to read and understand technical documents including CAD & SOP documents. Ability to effectively convey information to peers and supervisors in both written and verbal forms
Efficiency Skills - Ability to manage your own schedule to complete tasks on time. Understand and concentrate on the importance of timeliness and how it translates to company profitability.
Quality - Demonstrates a regular and ongoing focus on high-quality work. Reflect pride in your workmanship. Keep the totality of the project in mind with regard to customer satisfaction. Values both personal and team achievements equally.
Team - Willingness to work with others to search for solutions, not blaming others. Willingness to take on tasks and support others.
Individual Responsibility - Willingness to ask questions proactively. Ability to self-manage and hold oneself accountable for work products and timeliness.
Leadership - Ability to engage and encourage others. Willingness to take on responsibilities beyond the job description.
Safety - Demonstrate a proactive approach to safety, identify issues and address them when necessary. Follow documented safety guidelines for all equipment and processes.
Nomad GCS is an equal opportunity employer, (EOE,) and voluntarily follows affirmative action guidelines. As an equal opportunity employer, Nomad GCS does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable state and local laws.
Nomad offers a competitive base pay along with a benefits package. When applying please include your basic salary requirements.
5414 US Hwy 2Columbia Falls, MT
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?