Sr. Systems Administrator /Systems Engineer at Nodal Exchange
Nodal Exchange is a derivatives exchange providing price, credit and liquidity risk management to participants in the North American commodity markets (energy, environmental, and trucking). Nodal Exchange is a leader in innovation, having introduced the world’s largest set of electric power locational (nodal) futures contracts. All transactions on Nodal Exchange are cleared through its clearing house, Nodal Clear, using a portfolio margining approach that provides participants significant risk management and capital efficiency advantages.
Nodal Exchange and Nodal Clear run on a proprietary platform consisting of trading tools, operational workflow, financial calculations, network optimizations, third-party interfaces, and more. The complexity of our business allows unparalleled opportunities for team members to contribute to a complex technology environment while expanding a broad range of professional and technical skills.
Nodal seeks talented and motivated applicants for the following role in Tyson’s Corner, VA (DC Metro area):
Nodal seeks an intelligent, articulate, and skilled Systems Administrator/Engineer. This hire will:
- Create and maintain robust operating environments for key technologies and applications.
- Deploy and provision new Server Hardware.
- Maintain virtualized infrastructure both on-premises and in the cloud.
- Plan and execute upgrades to operating systems on deployed servers.
- Plan and execute Server migrations from Centos7 to latest versions of Redhat and Ubuntu.
- Be an integral part of many technology phases: Evaluation, procurement, design, configuration, deployment, testing monitoring, troubleshooting, restoration, and recovery.
Required Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or a closely related field
- 2-8 years of related experience
- Strong fundamental Linux skills (RHCSA or RHCE level)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working with VMware vCenter and ESXi
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues
- Confidence in own ideas along with openness to others’ ideas
- Experience with automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, Rundeck etc.)
- Experience with log analysis using Splunk
- Understanding of containers and microservices architecture.
- Experience in transforming legacy applications to cloud.
- Experience in system performance tuning and security hardening.
- Knowledge and/or experience with any of the big public cloud such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Microsoft Azure.
- A collaborative workplace culture where we value your contributions and ideas
- A comprehensive benefits plan which includes, but not limited to immediate access to low-cost health insurance plans (highly company subsidized with an employee cost as low as $10/month), a retirement savings plan with a competitive company match, and PTO that includes vacation, holidays, floating holidays, and unlimited sick leave, and company-paid life and disability insurance
- Contemporary workspaces designed to inspire innovative thinking in a fun, relaxed environment
- Catered weekly breakfast and lunch
- Free full-service gym access onsite
- Workplace flexibility - we value work/life balance, designed to fit your team, and your and your family’s needs
Nodal Exchange, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, pregnancy, parental status, marital status, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status, veteran status, physical or mental health, hairstyle historically associated with race, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or in any other terms and conditions of employment. Nodal Exchange is an E-verify participant.
NODAL EXCHANGEVienna, VA
TechnologyView All NODAL EXCHANGE Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.