The Prep Cook is responsible for ensuring that all prep items are prepared and stored to specifications. They will assist cooks and chefs in daily food preparation and will be responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work station at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all prep items are prepared and stored to specifications
- Knowledge of food preparation
- Maintain sanitation and hygiene standards
- Properly label and date all products to ensure safekeeping and sanitation
- Apply basic knife skills required for preparation of hot and cold foods
- Breakdown work station and complete closing duties; return all food items to the proper storage areas; rotate all returned product wrap cover label and date all item being put away; straighten up organize all storage areas clean up and wipe down food prep areas reach ins/walk ins and shelves; return all unused and clean utensil/equipment to the specified locations; ice down hot items from the steam table so they cool quickly; turn off all equipment not needed for the next shift; restock items that were depleted during the shift
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment
- Reports to work on time as designated by posted schedule
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Ability to accurately follow established recipe and technique guidelines
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, and think clearly while multi-tasking
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Must posses a valid Food Handler Card
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Previous Prep Cook experience is required, though any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skill and ability will also be considered.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee may stand for up to eight hours per shift excluding required rest break and meal periods. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please visit our careers website to view our privacy and data policy.
Nobu Hotel Palo AltoPalo Alto, CA
FoodView All Nobu Hotel Palo Alto Jobs
Get fresh Prep Cook jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.