- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:
o All hotel facilities/services, hours of operation.
o All guest room layouts, bed types, decor, appointments and locations.
o Room availability for any given day.
o Restricted dates, rates and room types.
o All room rates, packages and promotions.
o Specific arrangements between hotel and travel agencies, corporate reservations center.
o Entertainment/special events scheduled in the hotel.
- Access all functions of the computer system.
- Set up workstation with necessary supplies and resource materials.
- Answer telephone calls within 3 rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations received by phone, fax, telex, mail, internally and through corporate reservations center or travel agencies.
- Ascertain callers' needs through open-ended questions.
- Describe room accommodations and all amenities.
- Obtain all designated information to book a reservation.
- Accommodate special requests and designate such in system.
- Access guest history records to best service guests; maintain accurate information in guest history files.
- Maximize rate for all reservations.
- Promote and sell holiday and other packages to callers requesting reservations on designated dates.
- Assist callers with dining room reservations and amenity orders.
- Verify availability. Suggest alternate dates for sold-out dates.
- Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers; assign confirmation/cancellation numbers and relay such to caller.
- Relay accurate information on transportation arrangements from airport to hotel; input and document such requests.
- Set up proper billing accounts (i.e., room/tax/incidentals, tax exempt, direct/special billing) and process advance deposits.
- Verify all reservation information with caller to ensure accuracy.
- Input correct information into proper fields to inform other departments of pertinent information (i.e., flags, comments, guest message).
- Document all information for manual reservations on designated form.
- Input all manual reservations into the system.
- Obtain approval from Front Desk management for same day reservations on near sell-out dates.
- Process confirmation letters.
- Designate and apply appropriate travel agency commissions.
- Initiate deposit refunds for non-group reservations.
- Refer requests for initial booking of group rooms, banquet or convention requests to the Sales Department.
- Proactively process all checklist items daily.
- Monitor and maintain wait lists daily.
- Process requests for mailing brochures, correspondence and package information.
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with on-coming Agent.
- All Associates are required to fully comply with hotel and departmental rules, regulations and policies for the safe, secure, effective and environmentally friendly operation of the hotel facilities. Examples include, but are not limited to lost and found procedures, emergency procedures, recycling efforts, etc.
- Attend and participate in all hotel and/or departmental meetings, training sessions and other information meetings.
- Regular attendance in conformance with hotels standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Comply with hotel grooming standards for both uniformed and non-uniformed associates.
- Comply with hotel service and behavioral standards towards our guests, vendors and fellow colleagues, including, but not limited to ensuring proper phone etiquette, courteous and respectful behavior and maintaining a friendly and positive attitude.
- Perform all other duties as directed by management that are consistent with the policies and procedures of the hotel.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Significant portions of day require prolonged sedentary work. Ability to visually review documents and computer screen throughout day.
Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time during course of shift.
Significant portions of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Responsible for operating within hotel safety guidelines, including the safe and responsible operation of hotel equipment. Reports and addresses safety concerns as they arise. Ensures safe handling of chemicals in accordance with hotel and department standards and utilizes proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate required. Some college or college degree preferred. Degree in hospitality management preferred.
Prior experience within a four star hotel brand preferred.
Computer Skill & Other Technical Skills:
Ability to utilize computer software and hardware required. Ability to easily maneuver on computer keyboard required.
Ability to learn, utilize and communicate effectively via company issued communication devices (e.g. Nextel phones, etc).
Advanced ability to comprehend and speak English to understand and respond to information and address advanced guest requests required both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of additional language(s) preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
Must be customer-service oriented and have excellent hospitality skills.
Must be able to calculate basic mathematic functions.