As an engineer and technologist in biometrics, you will be working with our clients to design, create, evaluate, and maintain solutions using your experience and expertise in image processing and biometrics. In your role you will research, develop, and deploy solutions for national security missions spanning identity management and multimedia end-to-end systems that are transforming the way our clients handle and analyze information and translate it into actionable intelligence.
You would join Noblis' identity intelligence group as we continue to grow our software and digital capabilities. Today our team consists of developers, scientists, engineers, researchers, and analysts that have served federal, state, and local government clients on high-consequence problems in analytics, biometrics, AI/machine learning, and forensic science for over 20 years. Our team is engaged across the identity intelligence community and has been instrumental in making our customers' programs successful in analytics, automation, and digital solutions spanning identity science, AI/machine learning, computer vision, biometrics, forensics, media analytics, systems engineering, software development/integration, DevOps, and cloud technologies.
Learn about the Noblis business development lifecycle, processes, tools, and account structure
Contribute specialized domain or technical content to proposal sections or client white papers
Build a productive relationship with your client and understand their structure and goals
- You have BA/BS in a technology, engineering, computer science or related discipline
- You have at least 5 years of hands-on experience in one or more of the fields of image processing, computer vision, and biometrics
- You have hands-on experience of a broad ranges of technology systems and are able to work with:
- Any of the following image processing and computer vision frameworks and libraries: OpenCV
- programming languages and scripting methods including: Python, C, C++, Java, .NET, Bash, AWK
- operating systems: Linux, Windows
- You have hands-on experience:
- engineering solutions to optimize, monitor, and measure performance of operational biometric systems
- conducting (and/or leading) research and development of biometric, identity management, entity resolution, and image authentication solutions
- developing alternate concepts of operation to improve biometric sample and image quality, including automated image quality assessment, image enhancement, device calibration
- developing software algorithms to assess and improve image quality
- conducting research and assessment to develop technical contributions/guidance for national and international biometrics standards, proposed standards, and policies
- has strong written and verbal communication skills (e.g., technical writing)
- the ability to qualify for a Secret clearance
- Has advanced their formal education with a MS/PhD specializing in image processing, computer vision, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
- Has hands-on experience with any of the following AI/machine learning frameworks, statistical packages, and libraries: Tensorflow, Caffe, Amazon Machine Learning, Apache Singa, Torch, Scikit-learn, Microsoft CNTK, Apache Mahout, SQL, d3.js, map-reduce, R, Weka, Orange, as well as open source and other emerging technologies/frameworks
- Has experience working with USG clients, operational components, and stakeholders
- Has or are eligible for special access programs
- Has hands-on experience with optics, sensors, color management, measuring image quality characteristics
- Has hands-on experience with document security features, public key infrastructure (PKI), document imaging, and optical character recognition (OCR)
- Complements our existing team, likes solving problems, and is comfortable with ambiguity
- Can self manage, has strong self-organization skills, and is eager to contribute
- Strives to be an excellent engineer, is eager to explore new technologies, and develop new skills
and our wholly owned subsidiary,, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering.Learn more at
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Date 18 hours ago (12/5/2019 8:29 AM)
Requisition # 8101
Security Clearance None
FT/PT/On-Call Full Time
Job Category Software Engineering