Class A Driver
- Posted: over a month ago
- $26 to $28 Hourly
We are looking for a Class A Driver to join our Transportation Team in our Edgewater Park, NJ Distribution Center.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Competitive Pay - The U.S. base salary range for this full-time position is $25.50/hour - $28.00/hour + overtime + monthly incentive pay + annual bonus opportunity. Salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. (Full-time is defined as regularly working 30+ hours per week.)
NH Services Perks – Employee discounts on Noble House home furnishings products, monthly lunches, fitness reimbursements, free employee counseling, and other discounts
Employee Benefits - including paid-time-off, medical plans, dental, vision, 401k, profit sharing.
Team-Oriented Culture - We have a diverse workplace of talented people who partner to make NH Services, LLC a unique and engaging place to work.
Reporting to the Drayage Operations Manager, and receiving daily dispatch instructions from Drayage Dispatcher(s) and/or their Manager, the Class A Driver is responsible for servicing containers to and from their assigned geographic ports on a daily basis. The driver is required to perform inspections before and after a trip, and assist with loading/unloading cartons from the trailer to warehouse facilities. These drivers also follow appropriate safety procedures to transport cargo and maintain logs of vehicle repair status and working hours. These positions are scheduled and available during the day, evening/overnight, and weekend shifts. Drivers are local to their area and only in exceptional circumstances may there be long-distance required. This position requires a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL - Class A).
Essential Job Duties:
- Operate commercial tractor and chassis combinations safely and efficiently.
- Perform complete pre-trip inspections (PTI) and report maintenance issues to Operations and/or Fleet team for repair.
- Follow dispatch instructions and communicate issues to Dispatch via mobile phone or on-board system,
- Maintain accurate and compliant electronic logs, and submit electronic daily vehicle inspection records (DVIR) via an on-board system.
- Operate within federal, state, and local laws, and follow Hours of Service (HOS) requirements at all times.
- Communicate with Operations, Warehouses, and other drivers to solve problems and work safely and efficiently.
- Move containers between terminals and warehouses, and assist in moving within yards where needed.
- Other duties and dispatch assignments as assigned by the NHS management and/or executive leadership team.
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description required from this position. This is not a complete list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Department of Transportation (DoT) Requirements:
- Must have and maintain a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Must have or obtain a valid medical certificate in accordance with federal regulations.
- This is a safety-sensitive position. All candidates must submit to pre-employment drug screening and random testing in accordance with federal regulations.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid TWIC card.
A background check (which may include a pre-employment drug screen) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the status of candidates who apply for the position.
- Generally requires 2+ years of drayage transportation experience/requirements to obtain TWIC card.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated ability to complete dispatch transport instructions timely and safely
- Demonstrated strong sense of integrity
- Basic problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Proactive verbal and written communication skills to provide updates and information to NHS dispatch, fleet, and logistics teams
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing in this position, the employee may be required to:
- Must be physically qualified to operate a commercial vehicle in accordance with federal regulations.
- Frequently see periods of keyboarding via on-board systems and hands-free telephone use.
- Frequently see periods of prolonged sitting and repetitive motions due to climbing in and out of commercial vehicles regularly without assistance.
- Must be able to perform basic maintenance tasks including checking fluids, replacing fluids, operating a fuel pump, and basic preventative maintenance tasks with basic tools common to commercial vehicle operation.
- Occasionally lift and/or carry objects of up to 30 lbs.
- Occasionally stand, walk, squat, kneel, twist at the waist, use hands for fine manipulation, pushing & pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level
- Work performed in a warehouse-type facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
- Closed-toed shoes are required, steel-toed shoes are strongly preferred.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is provided.
Noble House Home Furnishi
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?