Key Account Manager; Mid Atlantic Region
This territory includes Maryland, South Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, and Washington DC area. The ideal candidate will live in the Washington DC metro/Maryland area.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Will be the primary contact with large comprehensive care centers/physician clinics providing medical care to individuals with TSC. There are approximately 70 such centers throughout the US. These centers diagnosis and treat individuals with this disorder. Specialties include Neurologists, Dermatologists, Psychiatrist and Nurses.
- Develop, grow, and manage key account relationships with group physician practices including purchasing managers and practice managers for large dermatology groups, targeted institutional facilities, and other assigned accounts.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with key strategic accounts and stakeholders within each region. Communicates candidly and in a timely manner with management, brand leadership, medical (including MSLs etc.) and internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Market Access, Marketing, and Legal teams to develop pricing, rebate, and contract strategies for regional/national accounts as necessary.
- Conduct Business Reviews with targeted key accounts to drive utilization and optimization of product(s) offering
- Work closely with Medical Affairs and Marketing to develop relationships with Key Opinion Leaders. Conduct product presentations to HCPs. Organize technical presentations (re: formulary committees and lunch and learns) – coordinate and utilize medical, market access and product management when necessary.
- Participate in trade shows, and other events as required.
- Develop regional Plan of Action (POA) and participate in brand strategy implementation, including but not limited to product pull-through, prescriber identification, and champion development. Creates and implements a Key Account Management strategy and ensures alignment with and execution of territory account plans to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual product access and launch objectives.
- The KAM is responsible for working with the Market Access team in gaining optimal access for assigned products within his/her targeted accounts and territory.
- Focuses on customer excellence; actively seeks to discover and meet the needs of internal and external customers by building relationships and delivering innovative solutions.
- Participate and/or attend patient oriented events such as: Fun Runs, Charitable (Fund Raising) activities, and Regional Social activities.
- Maintain accurate account information in CRM and provider data as requested – prepare quarterly territory strategic review and performance reports (KPI monitoring).
- Maintain current industry knowledge and provide competitive intelligence and market activity feedback on industry issues and opportunities.
- Participate in other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or life sciences is is a plus
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech/life-sciences industry with 5 or more years of key account management
- The ideal Key Account Manager should have a strong knowledge base in how healthcare/pharmaceutical products are purchased, ordered, administered and established on formularies as well as understand the formulary process and reimbursement processes/policies of specialty products
- Demonstrated understanding of FDA and PhRMA promotional requirements as well as compliance & regulatory requirements
- Knowledge of reimbursement and access issues in healthcare required. Understanding of pharma strategies for private payor a plus
- Demonstrated verbal, written and presentation skills
- Previous experience in dermatology/neurology specialty or marketplace is preferred
- Overnight travel required; up to 70%
- Experience working in a small start up environment preferred
Nobelpharma America, LLCBethesda, MD
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.