The purpose of this position is to serve as a receptionist at Noah's Ark Veterinary Resort, to perform record-keeping duties, perform clerical duties related to patient care and treatment, and to provide miscellaneous support to the veterinary practice manager and health care team. These service functions include but are not limited to, reception (visitor and telephone), maintenance of veterinary medical records, accounts maintenance, cash processing, data entry, word processing, and mail service. This position requires a practical knowledge of hospital organization and services, the basic rules and regulations governing visitors and animal patient treatment, data transcribing, word processing, and a practical knowledge of the standard procedures, veterinary records, and terminology used in the hospital. Regular attendance and timeliness are essential functions in order to fulfill the requirements of this position.
- Schedule appointments, obtaining all necessary data concerning the patient and owner.
- Prepare to receive appointments by retrieving client records, preparing needed forms in advance of clients' arrival. Complete required forms such as new client form, patient visit form, client report, consent forms, estimates, payment agreements, etc. and obtain all necessary information.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties, receiving, sorting, distributing mail, sending out mailings, cleaning, organizing reception area, type memos, correspondence, reports and other documents. Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of supplies.
- Ensure the cleanliness and organization of the reception area.
- Provide friendly, quality client care to the patients and clients of Noah's Ark Veterinary and Boarding Resort.
- Professionally administer all phone calls - answering client inquiries in a prompt and friendly manner, scheduling appointments, recording messages.
- Requires strong communication and client service skills. Considerable tact and diplomacy is required. Ability to greet clients in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner - check clients in, discharge patients.
- Educate clients on products and medications sold including dietary products and answer questions regarding product purchase/use.
- Maintain knowledge of preventative healthcare recommendations in order to answer client questions, provide education on vaccines, flea and heartworm products, and assist in marketing veterinary services from which their pet would benefit, such as a dental cleaning, senior well ness, spay and neuter and boarding.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
- Training & Development
Noah's Ark Veterinary ResortMillersville, MD
Get fresh Veterinary Receptionist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.