Registered Nurse (RN) On-Call Week/Weekend
Apply and come join a fast growing local company! Taking care of loved ones out in the community is what we do best! Making the end-of-life journey in your hometown makes a difference and we want you to be apart of our team!
Previous Hospice experience preferred, but willing to train motivated candidate!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES - (limited - Job Description will have full list of functions and responsibilities)
- Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by:
- Writing and initiating plan of care
- Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs
- Incorporating palliative nursing actions
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician
- Promptly inform the physician or advanced practice nurse prescriber and other personnel participating in the patient’s care in the patient’s condition and needs
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by the Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
- Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case assignments.
- Accurately and completely documents visits care and coordination.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting.
- Current licensure in State of Wisconsin.
- one (1) year of home health/hospice care experience preferred.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
- Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with the organization requirements.
The schedule for this position can be discussed at the time of interview.
Full-time employee's qualify for:
Weekly pay and direct deposit
Company cell phone
401K with generous corporate match
Health, Dental and Vision insurance offered with corporate contribution to deductibles
Generous paid time off