No-Fault Settlement & Collections Specialist
No Name Garden City, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, 401k,
A dynamic, highly successful and respected General Practice, with a sophisticated client base, is seeking to fill the following Full-Time, In-Person (not remote) position as we continue to grow and expand:
No-Fault Settlement and Collections Specialist - We are seeking an individual with knowledge of the No-Fault arbitration/litigation process to negotiate settlements and assist attorneys in effectuating the recovery of overdue settlements, arbitration awards, and trial decisions both pre and post judgment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate and finalize the settlement of overdue no-fault claims, which are filed and pending in AAA arbitration and court, by working with insurance company adjusters, their attorneys, AAA conciliators, and the Firm’s medical provider clients.
- Determine accrual date for statutory interest by reviewing arbitration/court file, claims records, arbitration awards, court decisions and settlement documents.
- Enter terms of arbitration awards and trial decisions in electronic case management system.
- Organize and maintain documents in electronic case management system.
- Investigate or resolve discrepancies in payments on overdue accounts.
- Keep track of assigned cases to identify outstanding debts.
- Prepare and enter civil judgments.
- Enforce judgments.
- Working knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation Fee Schedule.
- Familiarity with the Modria Resolution Center for the American Arbitration Association.
- Sufficient knowledge of Regulation 68 and no-fault case law to evaluate the strengths and weakness of the No-Fault insurers’ defense to payment.
- Ability to prepare, enter, and enforce judgments after trial, motion, arbitration, or settlement.
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced in environment.
- Ability to problem solve.
Salary: commensurate with experience.
AddressGarden City, NY
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at No Name