- $23 Hourly
Position: Security Officer, Healthcare
Site: San Diego, CA.
JOB SUMMARY: BCI seeks a dedicated and passionate Healthcare Security Officer to serve as an integral part of the security and care delivery team for a leading healthcare provider. This incumbent protects staff and property from theft, damage, or persons from hazards or interference, including the potential for violence.
On a typical day as a Healthcare Security Officer, you can expect:
- A fast-paced, exciting, and challenging environment.
- A collaborative and rewarding team atmosphere.
- Hospital patients, staff, and visitors who count on your compassion and knowledge.
- To remain active, engaged, and moving.
- Ever-changing conditions that can move from quiet calm to extreme urgency in an
- To learn new professional and interpersonal skills.
- To make a positive impact on someone's health and well-being every day.
- Security Basics: Ability to learn, retain and perform basic healthcare security functions.
- Risk Management: Ability to identify, educate, manage, and report security risks impacting
- Communication: Ability to listen, share, modify information and effectively communicate
amongst different stakeholder groups and in varying departments.
- Service Delivery: Ability to consistently demonstrate professional behavior that is responsive to
the needs of the client.
- Leadership: Ability to motivate, inspire, and influence others.
- Observing and remaining vigilant for signs of crime, disorder, hazard, and unusual activity
- Patrolling on foot, bicycle, or via a vehicle to check for unsafe conditions, blocked entryways, security violations, mechanical problems, and unauthorized individuals.
- Verbally and physically de-escalating individuals, as needed.
- Inspecting all security devices and fire control equipment
- Screening members, visitors, and client employees to expedite their admittance to the
- Responding to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water
discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, or inclement weather with calm
- Preparing logs and investigative reports, as required, by writing, typing, or entering
accurate information that can be easily interpreted by fellow officers and supervisors.
- Reading and interpreting police reports, local and state law, and procedure manuals
- Accurately entering information and maintaining the Lost and Found department log
while adhering to the stated restrictions as they appear in the departmental manual.
- Ensuring that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements
and in accord with client standards.
- Successfully pass the client's pre-employment screening process (Drug Test, Health
Screen, Criminal Background Check)
- Ability to properly wear an N95 mask and adhere to social distancing guidelines while
- Complete healthcare competency assessment and training on defusing assaultive behavior
- Willing to ride a bicycle.
- Prefer one year of healthcare security experience or previous supervisor experience.
- Security, military, or law enforcement related experience preferred. MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have a valid Driver's License (preferably with a clean driving record).
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION:
- Must have Bureau of Security and Investigative Services Certification or Guard Card.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time.
- The ability to maintain mental stability under periods of stress.
- The ability to push or pull gurneys with patients of various weights on them.
- Must be able to physically restrain people by physically holding the individual down and then be able to also carry or lift the individual with other healthcare facility staff members.
The duty of this job includes working in an indoor or outdoor environment, including possible exposure to deadly weapons, injury from violent persons, infectious persons, gases and fumes, blood and body fluids, hazardous chemicals, heat, wind, rain and cold; the employee must understand and demonstrate the ability to take protective actions, following established guidelines. The noise level can vary from extreme noise to extreme quiet.
To safeguard the health and safety of our employees, families, customers, visitors, and community at large, COVID 19 vaccination will be a requirement for employment, and we will consider accommodations for medical and religious-based reasons. You will need to follow the safety protocol as communicated by work location.
Blackstone Consulting, Inc. (BCI) is a minority-owned, 6,000 employee, global service provider overseeing account services in food, environmental, facility maintenance, professional staffing, and security. Within our healthcare security division, we help healthcare organizations achieve superior programs and results. This includes our investment in you and your ability to deliver best practices to our client while receiving exceptional training to advance your healthcare career with BCI. Together, we are building a best-in-class healthcare security operation and are looking for top talent to join us in this effort. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status
No Company SpecifiedSan Diego, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.