The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) has the day to day responsibilities for both the administration and strategic human resources programs and policies for their territory. This individual will partner with leadership on the following disciplines: workforce planning, talent acquisitions, labor and management relations, performance management, organizational development, and learning. Additionally, this individual will partner with and advise senior leadership, directors, manager and supervisors on the application of related human resource policies and procedures.
- Delivers HR solutions in collaboration with business leaders
- Ensures goals/objectives are set, communicated and are consistent with the business strategy. Partners with clients to ensure the performance management process and progressive counseling process proactively address performance issues. Manages employee relations issues to effective resolution, ensuring consistent application of the company’s vision, values and beliefs.
- Works closely with management in the implementation of company-wide programs and initiatives such as organizational design and workforce planning.
- Maintains ownership of HR business partner processes
- Assists management in providing effective leadership development through coaching
- Ensures compliance with company policies and federal/state/local reporting requirements.
- Working with our Centers of Excellence (COE) prepares key business data analysis and makes recommendations to effectively communicate HR products, services and programs (benefits, compensation practices, orientation, and talent management).
- Ensures career planning and personal development plans are completed and that managers are equipped to deliver development discussions including proactive follow up. Identifies organizational capability, strengths and gaps with partners to develop and implement plans to close competency issues with defined action items (staffing changes, development plans).
- Evaluates the effectiveness of career paths, job ladders and job/role descriptions to ensure validity and consistency of use among client groups. Communicates reward and retention philosophy of the organization and for the business units. Ensures promotion and reward decisions are closely correlated with operating performance of business unit.
- Ensures effective application of the annual performance management program through evaluation, analysis, and feedback. Ensures promotion and reward decisions are closely correlated with operating performance of business unit.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or other related field of study
- Have one of the following certifications: PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
- 5-7 years of experience, specifically in a Business Partner role
- Knowledge of theories, principles, practices, laws and regulation governing human resources and policies and procedures
- Strong demonstration of interpersonal, communication, customer service and organizational skills
- Background in Manufacturing or large scale retail would be preferred but not necessary