Client Intake Coordinator
Niznik Behavioral Health Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Client Intake Coordinator
The Client Intake Coordinator will oversee the client admission and orientation process of all patients that enter an NBHR facility. This process will be carried on by standardizing the intake procedure for new patients at the residential treatment center, including conducting an initial patient history, verifying insurance eligibility, and reviewing consents and authorizations. The Intake Coordinator will also work with clients on meeting their financial obligations and explaining the importance of fiscal responsibility. Additional duties will include supporting groups and performing individual therapy sessions, as assigned by the Clinical Director.
Success in this role will be demonstrated by attention to detail and organizational abilities. This individual should also possess strong interpersonal skills and exemplify excellence in customer service. The ideal candidate will have a clinical background with admissions and insurance verification experience.
Shift Hours: Mid-Day - 12:00PM – 8:00PM (with flexibility to work before or after hours, when needed)
- Welcoming patients to the facility
- Oversee the client intake process, complete initial assessments with the client and support system completed related paperwork, and update EMR including a signed AOR (designation of Authorized Representative)
- Support the client and support system during their first week in the program to ensure a smooth transition and answer any questions. Call clients’ families and support systems (if they have a release of information) during the first week for check-in
- Conduct, on Admission day, an initial biopsychosocial assessment, provide a preliminary diagnosis and communicate this to the Primary Therapist for each client
- Provide in-person pre-admission assessments and recommend a level of care
- Schedule appointments for consultations, tests, and procedures, if any are needed during the admission
- Addressing any initial patient concerns or complaints
- Serving as a liaison between client and treatment team staff
- Obtain copies of the insurance card and driver's license
- Discuss benefits with the client and support system including financial responsibility copay and deductibles; ensure the coordination of benefits is updated within 48 hours of admission (obtain reference number and representative name)
- Collect patient responsibility and set up payment plans as necessary (copay and deductibles); out-of-pockets will be billed to the client after it is assigned by the insurance
- Comply with the regulations and policies of the facility
- Create and maintain patient records in accordance with Federal, State, and Insurance guidelines
- Serve as a positive role model to staff, clients, employees, and guests through a positive, caring, and professional attitude
- Ensure completion of all AORs and COBs
- Comply with the dress code
- Determine if the patient has the appropriate insurance coverage for the required level of care
- Confirm if the patient is willing to cover any portion not covered by the insurance
- Complete a pre-screen documenting the type of substance the patient is currently taking, for how long, whether they have previously received treatment, etc.
- Collect patient’s coinsurance and out of pocket amounts
- Contact the insurance company via phone to verify the patient’s eligibility, re-check for applicable deductible, out of pocket responsibility, co-insurance, and to obtain the phone number for precertification from the insurance company
- Work closely together with the Utilization Review department to ensure protocols and procedures are being followed
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis, as well as a calm attitude when visiting with staff, residents, and visitors.
- Facilitate and lead clinical groups, ensuring proper documentation
- 2+ years’ experience in admissions, client intake, and/or insurance verifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology preferred
- Therapist License required, will consider Associate and Interns
- Clinical experience preferred
- Knowledge of insurance verbiage and medical terminology
- Ability to communicate with insurance carriers; familiar with CPT Codes, ICD10 Codes, and their descriptions
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse terminology and/or treatment facility experience a plus
- Excellent organization and time management skills in order to handle day to day challenges (Embodies Agility)
- Must be honest, dependable, and exhibit a warm, cheerful, caring manner (Embodies Kindness)
- Ability to manage unexpected situations or take ownership when required. (Embodies Drive)
- Display a proactive and creative character that strives to continuously improve the quality of service provided (Embodies Innovation)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, when needed
- Ability to work onsite at multiple local facilities
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, growth opportunities, competitive compensation, and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and etc.
NBHR is a provider of behavioral health services for adolescents and adults. We are dedicated to serving those in need by clearing pathways to gain access to life-changing addiction recovery services. At NBHR we are committed to providing the highest standard of care for our clients. All NBHR facilities are fully accredited by the Joint Commission and collectively offer the full continuum of care for our clients. We are opening rehabilitation facilities nationwide and searching for positive, hardworking individuals to join our growing company, and who want to make a difference in people’s lives.
Niznik Behavioral HealthWhy Work Here?
NBH is a rapidly growing, privately owned healthcare company.
We are a passionate, result-driven behavioral health group with a program that specializes in individuals who suffer from addiction. We provide accessible, reliable and effective behavioral health treatment options for any moment in an individual's recovery journey. We positively transform the lives of our clients and their families by helping them create safer, healthier and better lives for themselves, their families and their communities. Our values of kindness, innovation, agility and drive are vital to our success, and the success of our clients.
HealthcareView all jobs at Niznik Behavioral Health