If you are you ready to be remarkable and change home health care…
take the opportunity to grow professionally with our inspiring team.
WHO WE ARE
Nizhoni Health provides an innovative team approach to home health services. We enable our patients with the most acute needs—those who experience chronic illnesses, psychiatric issues, or lengthy recovery processes to have more productive lives within their own home settings. By coordinating care with our patients’ existing medical providers, we can improve outcomes, reduce readmissions, and control costs. As a leader in Home Care our agency connects with over 3000 patients throughout Massachusetts.
Whether it is a clinical or administrative position at this innovative high growth organization we all share the same value; provide superior service across the spectrum of care.
This role is based out of our Somerville, Massachusetts office and is not a remote position.
The Medical Coder is an assertive, effective communicator who works efficiently among the Intake Team. This role will assign appropriate diagnostic codes to individual patient information. Responsible for data retrieval, analysis, and claims processing. Respects and promotes the mission, values and vision of Nizhoni Health.
Please note this position is currently in Somerville, MA but our headquarters will be moving to the Burlington/Woburn, MA area in 2020.
ABOUT THE JOB
- · Abstracts pertinent information from patient’s discharge summary and instructions provided by the referring facilities.
- · Seeks additional information as needed from the referral source to ensue complete referral information.
- · Enters referral information into EHR system(s).
- · Assigns accurate ICD-10 codes following Home Care coding guidelines.
- · Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- · Keeps abreast of coding guidelines and reimbursement reporting requirements.
- · Abides by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association and adheres to official coding guidelines.
- · Contacts the physician to verify home care orders and physician signature of plan of care.
- · Tracks data as assigned.
- · Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- · Assists the Intake department with day to day operations when needed.
BEHAVIORS AND COMPETENCIES
- · Effective communication skills (verbal and written), documentations skills, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills
- · Demonstrates organizational and assertiveness skills, flexibility and ability to work effectively in teams
- · Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- · Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- · Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- · Credentialed as a Certified Coding Specialist.
- · ICD-9/ ICD-10 coding experience in home health.
- · At least one-year coding experience in Home Health
- · Minimum 1-year experience in a computerized office environment and knowledge/ familiarity with Home Health.
- · Ability to communicate in a manner that is understandable to the staff and public verbally and in writing.
- · Associate’s degree preferred.
- · Familiarity with OASIS-D preferred.
Nizhoni Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law.