Nizhoni Health provides an innovative team approach to home health services. We enable our patients with the most acute needs—those who experience chronic illnesses, psychiatric issues, or lengthy recovery processes to have more productive lives within their own home settings. By coordinating care with our patients’ existing medical providers, we can improve outcomes, reduce readmissions, and control costs. As a leader in Home Care, our agency connects with over 3000 patients throughout Massachusetts.
Nizhoni Health is building THE new model in home healthcare delivery, take the opportunity to grow professionally with our inspiring team.
We are currently hiring Home Health Aides in the North Shore Area (Lynn, Saugus, Salem, Beverly Danvers, Gloucester, Reading, Burlington, Woburn area).
Rate is $16.00 per hour.
We invest in you - we offer a Mental Health Supportive Home Care Aide Certification.
The Home Health Aide is responsible for providing direct care to patients in their own homes. This position will work closely with the patient’s treatment team to provide personal care and home management as related to the comfort, care and safety in the home setting. The Home Health Aide will work under the direction and supervision of the Clinical Manager, Home Health Aide Program and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and the policies of the organization.
What you will be doing.
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with patient.
- Supervises/Assists Activities of Daily Living (ADLs).
- Assist and encourages patients to follow prescribed Plan of Care.
- Assists and guides patient in transfer process from bed to chair, commode or other devices.
- Assists in bathing as needed for patient (e.g. complete, partial, tub, shower). Provides or assists in oral hygiene and hair care.
- Monitors and records temperature, pulse and respirations per the Plan of Care parameters.
- Provides or assists in environment management of housekeeping work.
- Provides and maintains a clean and safe environment for the patient. Reports unsafe conditions on behalf of patient as appropriate
- Completes and submits accurate, timely documentation in accordance with Nizhoni company policies.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Has successfully completed the required training program or its equivalent for Home Health Aides and has demonstrated competency. May substitute the following - Certified Nursing Assistant who have completed the required training program or its equivalent for Certified Nursing Assistants and is registered with the state of Massachusetts. Home Care experience is preferred OR Student Nurse in an NLN- approved nursing program who has completed a Fundamentals of Nursing course and one Medical/Surgical clinical nursing rotations.
- Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
- Licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or organization requirements and is in good working order; or other means of reliable transportation.
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina. Has presented a pre-employment physician’s health clearance including a negative TB test and/or CXR and other tests as required by the organization’s policy.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English as needed for the job.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States