The Service Coordinator position is responsible to schedule, assign, and dispatch our service team to meet customer service requirements.
The position is in the Service/Aftermarket department and reports directly to Service/Aftermarket Manager.
- Interfaces with customers to arrange/schedule work
- Opens and updates work orders
- Schedules, dispatches and tracks status of technicians
- Collects, reviews and processes technician generated documentation, including: Field Service Reports (FSR’s), Technician time, expenses, parts requests, Request for Quotes (RFQ) on additional work needed
- Maintain responsibility for service job quotes
- Forces administrative flow
- Prepares billing instructions for Admin Team
- Files and scans
- Directs logistical support of techs on the team (parts, equipment, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
Education and experience
High school diploma or GED; or one to three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills and abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office, MS Dynamics Great Plains)
- Basic mathematical skills, including calculations with fractions, decimals, rate, ratio and percentages
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands/fingers handle, or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- Lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. (occasionally up to 50 lbs)
- Be exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Founded in 1914, Nixon Power Systems is the Southeast’s largest full-service organization dedicated exclusively to the sale, rental, distribution, service, and technical support of stand-by and prime power generation equipment, parts, and accessories. The Company is headquartered in Brentwood, TN (suburb of Nashville) with six operating center locations throughout the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic. Privately held Nixon is consistently profitable and focused on continued growth.
Nixon is the largest industrial Kohler Power Systems distributor of Stand-by Power equipment in the country. The Company’s Kohler sales territory covers all or part of seven states in the Southeast and serves national and regional companies with a large number of retail, distribution, and commercial facilities. Nixon’s long-term dedication to superior service and solutions to customer’s comprehensive power needs is evidenced by their historic growth rate and repeated selection as Kohler’s “Distributor of the Year” award.
With over 230 employees; Six (6) regional Sales and Service Centers throughout the Southeast United States; a 13-state commercial footprint; and a commitment to total quality, Nixon Power Services is an industry leader dedicated to being an unmatched employer.
Nixon Power Services is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer, Minority/Female/ Disability/Veterans/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
To learn more about Nixon Power, visit us at www.nixonpower.com