Nitta Gelatin a multi-site manufacturing company is seeking a QA Specialist to join our Fayetteville, NC team.
Some responsibilities include but not limited to:
The QA Specialist assists in ensuing the production operations are performing in a fashion that will best achieve the quality and corporate targets. This position analyzes the quality control lab results, the production records, and observations from the facility to ensure continual improvement of our quality management system. The QA specialist is a vital role in ensuring all internal and external standards are observed before the final product is received by the customer.
- Performs regularly scheduled ISO, GMP, and HACCP audits and facility inspections
Audits production procedures, records and activities for conformity and accuracy
- Reports nonconformances to responsible parties
Assists in creating and maintaining the food safety and quality systems
Review sanitation activities and collect sanitation documents
- Assists in training all production employees on GMP and CCP procedures, as required
Performs training validation for operators and lab technicians
- Assists in investigating causes for customer nonconformances and implementing of corrective actions
- Assists in the evaluation of new process equipment, new process chemicals or new process procedures.
- Assists in the purchasing of production supplies
Performs operator training validation as required
- Trained on standard test procedures in Lab and available for Lab Technician vacation relief.
- Evaluates new lab equipment, new lab chemicals or new/updating lab procedures
- Reviews and maintains calibration records
Assist in lab result evaluation and review
- Other duties assigned by QA Manager
- Food Industry experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science discipline (Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, etc) or 5 years equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP, and ISO 9001 or GFSI audit schemes (Preferably FSSC22000)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint).
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in QA/QC function at a food manufacturing facility
- 2 weeks per year (10days) required travel
NO Phone Calls Please
Nitta Gelatin is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.