Supervising Production employees in a manufacturing setting. Plan and assign work for designated staff. Successful candidate must be accountable for following all company policies and procedures as well as adhering to the rules of the Union’s CBA. Recommend improvements in production methods, equipment, operation procedures and working conditions. This position is a rotating 12 hour shift. 4 days on, 4 days off. Some duties include but not limited to:
· Ability to work days, nights, and weekends.
· Ability to cover another Supervisor’s shift for planned and unplanned absences.
· Ensure effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching & development.
· Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
· Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas. Work to continuously improve in all areas of production.
· Manage departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provide regular reports to management.
· Provide leadership during assigned shifts and input into the production planning.
· Support proper inventory levels being maintained.
· Manage departmental priorities.
· Track attendance, absenteeism and timekeeping.
· Provide scheduled reports to management
· Assists in the duties of the plant operators when required. Will go Hands-On when required.
· Under general supervision performing the full range of duties. Able to delegate work effectively to shift operators.
· Adhere to all required GMP and EHS Standards.
· Lead and facilitate training of Plant Operators.
· Review and signing off the completed paperwork of Plant Production.
· Ensure Plant GMP conditions are at acceptable levels.
· Other duties as assigned.
Manufacturing related diploma or degree in fields such as Food Science or Industrial Technology. Or prior work experience equivalent.
Proficiency in the use of computers such as Microsoft Office Products; excel, word, powerpoint and access. Business enterprise systems.
5 years supervisory experience in Plant Operations required. Prior experience in food, beverage or pharma manufacturing environments strongly preferred.
Salary Range: $75,000- 80,000 annually, depending on experience. This is a salaried position that is located near downtown Toronto. Additional pay is possible with covering another Supervisor’s shift as needed.
Please indicate your preference of day or night shift when applying.
NO Phone Calls Please
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Nitta Gelatin welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources if you need an accommodation at any stage during the process.
Nitta Gelatin will make written information and other forms of communication accessible, upon request.