The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for generating leads, advancing the sales process, closing new business and achieving/assisting in the achievement of opportunity-based sales quotas. The Inside Sales Representative will conduct research to identify leads and reach business targets through telephone, email, webinar and in person. This individual will also actively participate in the planning and execution of company marketing activities providing vital input based on his/her interactions with prospects.
· Minimum of two years of sales and/or business development working with manufacturing or service provider. Food or nutritional supplement knowledge and experience would be a plus.
· Confirmed experience handling multiple projects or tasks at one time.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively, to meet customer needs and employer objectives
· Ability to sell ingredients to multiple buying influences.
· Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals and achieve sales quotas
· Previous success in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
· Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
· Strong problem identification and objections resolution skills.
· Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
· Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
· Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
· Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
· 2 years experience with customer relationship management software.
Specific duties and responsibilities
· Cold-call prospects that are generated by external sources of lead.
· Develop sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts.
· Identify decision makers within targeted leads to begin sales process.
· Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within client base.
· Collaborate with appropriate team members to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
· Maintain and expand the company’s database of prospects.
· Ensure follow-up by passing leads to appropriate team members with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
· Set up and deliver sales presentations via phone, product/service demonstrations, and other sales actions
· Assist in creating RFP responses to potential clients.
· Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
· Represent Nitta Gelatin in a professional manner, applying the corporate philosophy always.
· Manage customer relationships; coordinate contracts, negotiations, quotes, orders, forecasts, technical issues, projects, logistics with internal personnel.
· Participate in creating annual sales goals, market strategy and sales plan.
· Maintain sales planning tools and communications in a timely fashion: forecasting, orders, weekly/monthly reports, project management as required by management.
· Maintain files on customers, trade shows, reports, etc. in CRM as required by management (call reports, specifications, supply agreements, etc.)
· Develop and maintain a knowledge of the food, beverage and nutritional supplement markets and the competitive environment to facilitate business development and to keep other team members informed of changes and developments in the market.
· Achieve sales budget goals set by management.
· Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings to meet company standards.
· Good working relationship with internal colleagues: management, customer service, sales team, technical/QA and production planners.
· Make outbound follow-up calls to existing clients via telephone and email cross-sell and up-sell.
· Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert into sales.
· Overcome objections of prospective customers.
· Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports.
· Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
· Attend periodic sales training where applicable.
· Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position.
· Other duties as assigned.