NiteLines USA, Inc. is looking to fill a Phlebotomist position at the FPC Pekin, IL
IMPORTANT: Candidates who wish to be considered for this opportunity should submit proof of qualifications via fax (844-243-7813).
- Updated Resume
- Copies of Medial Lab Tech / Phlebotomy credentials
- Copy of current CPR/BLS
SCHEDULE: Between Monday through Friday; four (4) days per week, and between 8:00 am - 2:00 pm; excluding Federal holidays. These hours may be adjusted to meet the needs of the institution.
Due to the nature of the correctional setting, delays in performance of work may be experienced. Such delays may include but are not limited to inclement weather, electrical or mechanical problems, or other security matters. When contract employees report to the institution but are unable to perform services due to such delays, the contractor will be paid for one session. Normally, any remaining sessions for that day will be suspended and the contractor will be free to leave and the contractor will not be paid for the remaining unperformed sessions. However, if the institution requests that the contractor remain at the institution for eventual performance, the contractor shall be paid for such sessions. In the event of any absence, the contractor may make up his/her time so long as it does not exceed 30 hours in any given week. If the contractor fails to provide coverage, the Government may seek contractual remedy.
- Must be Phlebotomy certified.
- Valid driver's license
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Perform basic blood draws for staff and inmates, spin down blood, prepare and package specimens for shipping, and deliver subject shipping containers to the front gate for shipment
- Draw blood open, semi-open and locked units
- Keep the work area neatly organized
- Maintain the needle/syringe inventory
- Document lab request logs
- Complete related paperwork and filing
- Conduct routine equipment checks
- Collect data relating to laboratory efforts (usage, types of labs studies, prompt receipt of orders and timely return of results by our contract labs, etc.)