Medical Assistant $1,000.00 Sign-on! Certification or 1 year OJT exp.
- $21 to $22 Hourly
- life insurance, medical, 401k,
NiteLines USA, Inc. is looking to fill (2) Medical Assistant position: 40 hours per week - $21.00 per hour !
Location: USP Big Sandy located at 1197 Airport Road, Inez, Kentucky 41224.
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday (except Federal holidays), normally working 8 hour shifts, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Each workday will consist of a thirty (30) minute unpaid lunch period.
Education and Qualifications
CMA Certification or In lieu certification, on the job training can be accepted with a minimum of 1 year of experience. The candidate would have to provide documentation showing on the job training The individual must obtain the required continuing education to maintain either the certification or licensure, and must provide the COR with a copy of updated current certification or licensure. Must be CPR or BLS certified, in accordance with the American Red Cross or American Heart Association.
The Medical Assistant must have a high school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year experience in a clinical or any medical facility requiring experience for communication and skill factors involving medical terminology, forms, reports, etc. The individual performing the services must be able to type, file, do basic math and work on a computer, along with the ability to read, understand, fluently speak, and legibly write English. The Medical Assistant shall have a basic understanding of human anatomy and physiology, and understand medical terminology.
- Semi-monthly Pay
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
Clinical Duties Include:
- Ensure all laboratory collection and results are appropriately filed, collected and submitted to the sub-contracted laboratory services.
- Assist PA’s, Nurses, Physicians and all ancillary providers and visiting clinical specialty consultants and the management and coordination of patient flow through the chronic care clinic, optometry and general clinics when scheduled.
- Assist primary providers in the urgent care room when necessary.
- Assist the staff Physician, Clinical Director, PA’s, Nurses, and all ancillary providers in preparing/scheduling the chronic care clinics.
- Performs phlebotomy on Federal inmates in accordance with established national patient safety goals and in accordance with the Federal Bureau of Prisons.
- Maintains and operates all clinical equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
- Perform basic lab tests and maintain accurate logs and other laboratory record keeping.
- Administer treatments/procedures such as nebulizer, ear lavage and other routine procedures and prepare and administer medications with physician authorization.
- Screen eye exams and assist physicians and mid-level practitioners in minor surgical cases.
- Performs any other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Work assignments will generally be made on a daily basis by the nurse or Health Services Administrator.
Other administrative support functions as assigned by the Health Service Administrator or designee
are as follows:
- Scan documents and enter data into the BEMR.
- Enter medical dates into the Inmate Skills Development System (ISDS)
- Provide support to a variety of medical record functions as determined by the Health Services Administrator or designee.
- Other administrative support functions as assigned by the Health Services Administrator or designee.
- Assist health care and dental providers with data entry issues as it relates to BEMR, to include entering and scanning data.
- Make copies, scans, and electronically attaches medical files to electronic medical records;
- Use a personal computer for word processing and spread sheet functions;
- File loose reports into pre-designated positions of the medical records, along with creating new record file folders;
- Audit reports for missing signatures, inmate registration number, and institution name;
- Make copies of files for FOIA requests;
- In the absence of staff, will answer the phone and take messages;
- Place loose reports into numerical order for filing into a medical record; and
- Other job-related responsibilities required for a medical records clerk.
A diversified Medical, Technical and Operational staffing support agency for all types of Government Agencies across the USA. We employ administrative, technical and medical personnel, as well as management and finance personnel who have proven experience, meet educational requirements, and exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves on being supportive and responsive to all our employees.
Established in 1994, NiteLines USA has successfully delivered contract support services to more than 144 government institutions and Medical treatment facilities across the country.
What we do... A diversified Medical, Technical and Operational staffing support agency for all types of Government Agencies across the USA. We employ administrative, technical and medical personnel, as well as management and finance personnel who have proven experience, meet educational requirements, and exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves on being supportive and responsive to all our employees. Established in 1994, NiteLines USA has successfully delivered contract support services to more than 144 government institutions and Medical treatment facilities across the country.
Nitelines USA, Inc
1197 Airport RoadInez, KY
Websitehttp://www.nitelinesusa.com View All Nitelines USA, Inc Jobs
Get fresh Medical Assistant $1,000.00 Sign-on! Certification or 1 year OJT exp. jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.