Nitelines USA is looking to fill a Court Reporter position.
This position is temporary and is scheduled to run through 6/30/2020 with a STRONG possibility of being extended
Location: OSC 20th Judicial Court
1700 Monroe Street
Ft Myers, FL 33901
Hours: Shift is Tuesday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or until court concludes, up to 40 hours per week.
Criminal work background HIGHLY recommended. 80% of the cases covered will be criminal.Two years criminal court or paralegal background is MANDATORY!!! You MUST have one or the other!!!
A typing test will be administered after the interview. Candidates need to be able to type 55wpm.
Job details are as follows:
The position of Digital Court Reporter performs responsible work throughout the five counties of the circuit related to capturing and maintaining a verbatim record of court proceedings. This position operates electronic recording and transcribing systems to record, tag, and transcribe court proceedings. The position is responsible for proper archiving and accessing of an electronic copy of a court proceeding. This position also performs duties related to maintaining and storing court recordings, responding to requests for court recordings, transcription services, and other related duties, as assigned, and as such, excellent operational knowledge of a personal computer and Microsoft Office products is required. The position is required to maintain a professional demeanor at all times and to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, judges, court personnel, Offices of the Clerks of the Court, Office of the State Attorney, Public Defender’s Office, other state agencies, members of the bar, and the general public. Work is performed under the direction of the Court Reporting Services Manager.
Primary responsibilities of a Digital Court Reporter include the following:
(1) Capture and maintain the record of court proceedings
(2) Produce media requests
(3) Prepare and maintain logs and statistics
(4) Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification.
(1) Capturing and Maintaining the Record
· Organize and prioritize the daily court schedule in accordance with statutes, court rules, administrative orders, and operational policies
· Ensure that all recording equipment is tested and in proper working order prior to the beginning of court sessions. Coordinate equipment repairs if needed
· Set up laptop computers and microphones as necessary, archiving files daily at the end of court sessions
· Record and monitor, as assigned, all court proceedings required to be recorded, using electronic court recording equipment and stand-alone laptop computers
· Accurately annotate proceedings with essential case information
· Perform playback of proceedings in courtrooms when requested
· File DVDs correctly in secure vault to ensure timely access
· Back up co-workers as assigned
· Travel to courts throughout the Circuit for coverage or training as assigned
· Work overtime, as may be necessary, to cover assigned court proceedings
· Work weekend duty on a rotating basis (2-3 times per year)
(2) Produce Media Requests
· Maintain file log sheets or database for all assigned recordings and assignments, maintaining information in a logical order.
· Receive and log media requests into database
· Reproduce recordings by burning CDs correctly, labeling and ensuring functionality of each media request
· Distribute media requests in an efficient and timely manner, and in accordance with statutes, court rules, administrative orders and operational policies
· Gather and provide accurate information for transcription purposes
(3) Prepare and Maintain Logs and Statistics
· Accurately prepare and maintain logs for laptop archiving, media requests, schedules, and dockets
· Maintain situation logs for equipment
· Prepare monthly statistics report in a timely manner
(4) Perform Other Duties as Assigned
· Follow and interpret manuals and instructions
· Excellent operational knowledge of a personal computer and Microsoft Office products is essential as correspondence and logs are prepared and maintained in this medium
· Troubleshoot recording equipment problems and failures
· Additional duties including, but not limited to: answering the telephone, sending and receiving e-mail, processing mail, faxing documents, preparing documents, reports, and time sheets, performing data entry, preparing and monitoring bills, and ordering of department’s office supplies
· Follow proper courtroom confidentiality and etiquette, including, but not limited to, impartiality to parties, and exhibit professional demeanor and dress at all times, and comply with Administrative Orders and Court Administration Policies related to court proceedings and court recording functions
Perform other related duties as assigned