Litigation Associate - NJ App, Law, & Ch Div. Judicial Clerks Welcome
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Nissenbaum Law Group is a boutique commercial law firm of 8 to 10 attorneys and 6 paralegals that focuses on complex commercial litigation in the State and Federal Courts and high-level transactional matters for a range of business clients, from individuals and single person start-ups to multi-national companies. The firm has offices in Manhattan, Philadelphia and Dallas, but this position is for the firm’s headquarters in Union NJ. The attorneys are currently largely working remotely, due to Covid concerns.
The firm’s guiding principles involve a commitment to intensively mentoring new associates in a collaborative and multi-level manner with respect not only to substantive commercial law and court procedure, but also modern approaches to group dynamics involving emotional intelligence and Black Swan error mitigation strategies.
The firm wants its associates to have the tools necessary to do the job well. Entering associates will be provided with a 2-4 week intensive training program overseen by our managing attorney so that they have a baseline skillset and overall context before launching into working on significant legal matters.
This is a job for people who want to accelerate their development as attorneys. It requires a true commitment of not only time, but also focus and self-discipline. It is especially suited to those people who are seeking a chance to demonstrate that they can do more than the world seems to expect of them. If so, you are likely one of us.
As an associate in our litigation practice, you may
• work on complex commercial litigation matters that are not necessarily limited to New Jersey, but could be pending throughout the United States;
• draft everything from straightforward pleadings to complex motions and trial submissions respecting highly nuanced and cutting edge legal theories involving digital intellectual property, e-commerce and app law, entertainment law, as well as bread and butter commercial law matters involving construction, health and nonprofit law;
• handle commercial arbitrations and/or mediations;
• file and orally argue interlocutory and final appeals, most of which take place before the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Superior Court or the Supreme Court of New Jersey; and
• defend attorneys in NJ, NY and PA accused of ethics violations, which can include multi-day administrative trials and appeals. Notably, this area of our practice is the most trial-intensive and has involved numerous appearances before the NJ Disciplinary Review Board and the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
What Qualifies You:
• JD Degree from a top-tier accredited law school;
• Judicial Clerkship completed or to be completed by September 2022;
• admission to the New Jersey or New York Bars (and the willingness to be admitted to both and possibly others);
• outstanding academic credentials;
• a diligent attitude and willingness to learn;
• an emotionally intelligent approach to legal representation and legal team dynamics; and
• strong oral and written communication skills.
*Please send both your (a) resume and (b) law school transcript to our managing attorney Gary D. Nissenbaum, Esq. email@example.com with a copy to our interview coordinator and senior paralegal Raquel Dunn firstname.lastname@example.org
Nissenbaum Law Group
Get fresh Litigation Boutique jobs daily straight to your inbox!