Software Quality Engineering Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Credit cards and other financial products haven't changed in decades, and it's the customers who are suffering. Interest rates are too high, and so are the fees.
By redesigning the way people use their daily money, we aim to modestly but measurably contribute to our customers and their families' financial security and life satisfaction. Our metric is happiness.
Nirvana Technology (nirvana.tech) is a financial technology startup in stealth mode with a launch date of fall 2021. We are building a digital service featuring a credit card – plus checking, savings and term loan features – combined into a single all-purpose primary account.
Our founding CEO, industry pioneer Bill Harris, has started eight other financial technology companies, including Personal Capital and PayPal. Additionally, our founding leadership team and advisors include industry veterans who've built other pioneering fintechs. The team attributes much of their prior success to the employees they have been able to hire, develop, and retain while fostering a growth mindset within their organizations. We are committed to the same at Nirvana and are excited to be hiring for critical roles to join our founding team.
We're already fully funded, and you can get in on the ground floor stock option plan, be part of building our organization, and influencing our company's vision. It is really a dream opportunity for someone looking for an opportunity to create, take risks, learn and have an immediate impact. Sounds a little like Nirvana.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Play a critical role as a leader within our Engineering team in shaping and supporting our company vision, day-to-day operations, and culture
- We believe in extreme automation. Git commit to go live with the push of a button. Define, design and implement the strategic direction of test automation and a comprehensive end to end testing approach for entire technology stack: Front end, API Layer and data layers
- Create repeatable methods and best practices to assess, measure and communicate the overall quality metrics of each project / release(s)
- Collaborate closely with engineering leads and institute quality engineering operating mechanisms to support our quality, performance, and scalability goals
- Establish a high performing, inclusive engineering culture focused on innovation, execution, growth and development
- You will lead full stack quality engineering teams building consumer experiences that will define how banking is done
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams like Product, Dev Ops, Bank Ops, Site Reliability and Customer Happiness
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role, it would help if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 12+ years of overall software engineering experience. Last 5+ years in Quality Engineering
- 4+ years leading full stack quality engineers in a supervisory role
- A strong track record of rolling out a comprehensive test automation strategy across entire tech stack: Front end / Back End / DB layers
- Experience with front end automation using Cypress / Selenium etc or back end automation
- Experience with build automation and continuous integration tools like: Gitlab, Jenkins, Maven, Chef or puppet
- Nice to have - Experience with behavior driven development; Cucumber or similar
- You are also passionate about non functional requirements testing: performance / Load testing using JMeter or similar
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in hiring, building teams and retaining top talent, establishing scalable and sustainable test automation architecture and quality engineering best practices
- Entrepreneurial mentality with the passion for our mission and rolling up your sleeves to get the job done
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Should you wish to learn more go ahead and apply for the position and we'll be in touch! We appreciate your interest in Nirvana.
Bold, passionate, creative thinkers and risk-takers excel at Nirvana. Inquisitive Individuals with the desire to discover and learn. We have some truly new ideas, but we know we need a diverse team to make it happen. We want individuals to join us in taking risks in the products we set out to build and take to market. Individuals who are simultaneously strategists, leaders, and individual contributors who thrive in early-stage companies where everyone wears a collection of hats and enjoys doing so.
We're in Miami, near the airport. Live here, move here, or be willing to commute. Once the world settles down, we'll run a hybrid schedule of intense collaboration (and pizza) at the office combined with optionally-remote project work. Come enjoy the sunshine and what we believe will be the next tech hub: Silicon Beach!
We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.
TechnologyView all jobs at Nirvana
Get fresh Credit Card Production jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.