Sales Coordinator / Inside Sales - Japanese & English Bilingual preferred
- Posted: over a month ago
Responsible for interfacing with customers, suppliers, transportation companies, importers, customs agents, etc., for the purposes of performing billing, collections, documentation, distributing, inventory control, A/P and A/R procedures, and other tasks related to the international business that the department conducts.
Essential Functions and ResponsibilitiesA. Internal Duties & Responsibilities1. Processing
- Sales & Purchase Orders: Create, record, system entry, review
- Shipping: Arrange, track, and record as applicable
- Register new vendors in Kintone
- Issue invoice after receiving POD or after verifying with supplier that product has shipped
- Maintain Inventory for Accounts Payables and Receivables
- Enter data related to Buying (importing, domestic), Selling (domestically, exports), transporting, and other related data for our business.
- Check documents for customers and suppliers
- Monitor AR status for each account and report issues to Sales Representatives and customers to mitigate overdue situations
- Create sales related documents such as Invoice, Packing List, Sales Confirmation, PO, and other necessary documents
- Prepare Month End Department reports
- Process invoices from Vendors and related companies and forward to Accounting for payment
- Create / Process Credit/Debit Memos, as necessary
- Generate Sales Analysis Reports and forward to AR
- Update shipping schedules and Marine insurance as necessary
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues which may arise
- Work with Sales Representatives / Managers to support every aspect of sales activities
- Month End Closing: Input all sales, purchase, expenses in GP & send to General Manager for approval and send report to Accounting Department
- Monitor credit limits and terms with all customers
- Follow up with Accounting / Auditors on internal/external audit matters
- Communicate with headquarters, accounting, personnel, IT, etc., as necessary
B. External Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all aspects of import documentation and clearance, and shipping to destination to be cleared with import agent
- Communicate with custom broker and instruct on import shipment details
- Follow up with suppliers and customers to obtain/release import/export documents. Also includes follow up with ISF filing update and filing request and working with Broker/Forwarding Companies.
- Provide delivery instructions to port authority, warehouse, trucking and forwarding companies.
- Follow up with customer's accounting divisions for payments and due dates booking and checking transportation for shipments.
- Check bank and trade references with customers and suppliers
- Reconcile inventory in warehouse, to assure its accuracy and that it matches NSTA internal data. If a discrepancy is found, the reason must be researched, and corrective action taken
- Trading Admin or Trading related work experience is a plus
- Inventory management experience is a plus
- Fluent / Business level in English
- Japanese language/culture understanding skill is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Logistics experience is a plus (import/export)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Word and Excel
- ERP system experience is a plus (We are using GP)
- Travel: 0-10% (possibly once a year)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Nippon Steel & Sumikin Bussan Americas, Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Nippon Steel & Sumikin Bussan Americas, Inc.