- Expired: December 09, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Developing more delicious and convenient products that fulfill customer and market needs at the speed required by the US market. Improving skill by learning JPN Nihon Shokken's development technology and know-how on a daily basis, and it is also required to retain confidential information of these companies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop liquid and powder products.
* Creating recipe, calculating cost, making sample, date measurement, and various tests.
* Communicate with sales representatives about customer requests of products development.
* Cook by using cooking items and machines, and taste cooked items.
* Research and report market information.
* Create and check products labels, ingredients list, spec sheets and related documents.
* Research, review, and test of current and new ingredients and packaging.
* Hazard analysis of recipes, ingredients, and products.
* Attend production at onsite if needed.
* Business trip including stay for promotional activities, ingredients investigation, market research, training and things which manager decided to need to do.
* Attend and conduct presentation, training, and seminar for customers and our sales representatives.
* Team sales with sale representatives and customers.
* Create company catalogues, promotional documents, notifications for domestic and customers.
* Research, inquiries and correspond to agencies relating food regulations.
* Improve R&D related work circumstance.
* Create and revise each manual.
* Organize, clean and manage of R&D related workplace, items and machines.
* Order, collect and refill R&D related items from supplier and production team.
* Assist company events.
* Not limited to the above. Need to follow managers direction if needed.
* Not supervisory, but need to instruct new employees, and give guidance and train them.
Qualifications, Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Legally authorized to work in the US without any visa support.
* Bachelors degree or above for food science or related science such as biology or chemistry.
* Valid drivers license and ability to drive a car
* Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently at business level
* Ability to lift over 40 pounds.
* Ability to work standing and/or sitting for 8 hours a day or longer.
* Ability to use MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook) and Windows operation system.
* Basic calculation skills(cost accounting, yield rate, ratio)
* An insatiable research
* Able to eat, taste and analyze all ingredients, products and cooked items including meats, seafood, vegetables, fruits, wheat, soy, peanuts, and sesame.
* Able to identify colors while blending.
* Able to identify sweet, sour, salty, bitter, umami while blending.
* Able to identify seasoning in the products
* Ability to cook by using kitchen items.
* Comply with company rules.
* Work following company policies
* Focus on the task given by the company.
* Ability to work with honesty, perseverance, and continuance.
* Collaborate and cooperate with own department and other departments.
* Manage time while prioritizing tasks.
* Keep sensitive information confidential.
* Communicate with other employees in good.
* Adaptable to other cultures.
* When facing a problem, report to manager immediately and get advice/suggestion.
* Take managers advice and suggestion honestly to improve your performance.
* Able to suggest constructive opinions for companys future development.
* Understand our management philosophy, and make an effort continuously to achieve goals.
* Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
* Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Paid Sick Leave
Nippon Shokken U.S.A. Inc.
AddressWest Sacramento, CA
ScienceView all jobs at Nippon Shokken U.S.A. Inc.