We are an established and rapidly growing Cannabis company looking to hire a senior level lab technician for our extraction labs that is recently licensed. The successful candidate will oversee and be proficient in all forms of extraction processes and end products and exhibit a positive attitude, attention to detail, ability to work in fast paced environments, with a technical and scientific proficiency.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
· Candidate must be familiar with all solvent and non-solvent methods of extraction and products
· Candidate must be able to produce the following products:
o Live Resin
o Ethanol and ISO Washes
o Distillate and Isolate
· The successful candidate must have experience in packaging and storing of all products
· Create and Follow SOP’s utilizing Best Management Practices
· Perform all technical procedures adhering to the operation, technical, safety and quality control policies and guidelines of all lab and packaging equipment
· Manage a team and work with other managers within the company
· Develop sanitization, sterilization and cleaning procedures for all equipment in the lab
· Produce reliable Inventory, record keeping, and data tracking for chemicals and products throughout the manufacturing and packaging process.
· Proficiency with METRC
· General routine maintenance on lab, packaging,
· Technical understanding of all equipment for troubleshooting breakdowns and maintenance
· Chemical understanding of all solvents used
· Independently perform complex research and development experiments for the creation of products and delivery systems.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
· 2+ years experience in cannabis extraction
· Degree in laboratory science preferred but not required (Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry).
· High level of experience with solvent-based extraction methods and processes.
· General knowledge of production laboratory processes and procedures
· Can use Microsoft Excel, Word, and other spreadsheet platforms
· General understanding of basic laboratory terminology and concepts
· Understand all safety and sterilization processes in lab setting
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Able to communicate effectively both verbally and written in a team environment
· Able to interpret and follow complex, written, verbal and technical instructions. Must be able to adhere to facility SOP’s
· Sound technical ability and ability to learn complex procedures in a timely manner
· First Aid CPR training
General and Physical Requirements
· Must be able to work quickly and efficiently performing at a high level
· Must be able to lift 50lbs
· Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
· Repetitive motions and understanding of lab equipment
· Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
· Honest, Trustworthy, with excellent communication skills
· Capacity to stay focused on the task at hand
· Team Player – works well with others.