Senior Applications Engineer, Laser Products
- Vision , Medical , Dental
Nikon Metrology is seeking an initiative-taking Senior Applications Engineer to be involved in all stages of the customer experience by providing quality demonstrations, benchmarking, technical support, and training solutions development and implementation.
WHY NIKON METROLOGY?
You would be joining a global company and becoming part of the future, giving you the opportunity to enter a career where you can help to shape and define innovation.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide high quality demonstrations of the Laser Radar/Laser Scanner products (onsite and in-house).
- Provide technical guidance and solutions during the pre-sales process.
- Identifying customer technical requirements.
- Benchmark customer applications, create part programs and/or inspect parts for customers.
- Be a technical expert in product range and share this expertise with colleagues and Application Engineers.
- Discuss high level technical issues and solutions with new and existing customers in the pre-sales process.
- Drive and manage actively the pre-sales process in collaboration with the sales team.
- Participate in product/process evaluations and market introduction of new products.
- Focused development of training programs and customer support documentation.
- Support the sales team with technical qualification and in-depth technical expertise.
- Developing and updating best practice usage of the equipment for internal and external customers.
- Project Management during each phase of the project.
- Developing solutions to meet customer's requirements.
- Provide first line customer support until system buyoff and after sales support as needed.
- Assist Sales in technical areas, presentations to customers, and systems recommendations.
- Ability to coordinate activities within multiple departments to assist the customer.
- Understand market rend and identify business opportunities.
- Provide support for Laser Radar/Laser Scanner contract Inspection and training services.
- Assist in trade show preparation, demonstrations, and support.
- Upkeep of demonstration equipment and demonstration center(s).
- Log/track customer communications in CRM and/or ticketing system.
- Log/track demonstrations and projects.
- Bachelor or master's degree in technical engineering.
- 5+ years relevant industry experience.
- High degree of IT literacy.
- Knowledge and experience in metrology.
- Proven experience with customer interaction.
- Computer programming experience.
- Knowledge and experience with CAD/simulation.
- Experience with metrology software packages such as Polyworks, Metrologic, Spatial Analyzer, Geomagic, and Verisurf.
WORKING ENVIORNMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel up to 75% domestic and occasional international travel.
- Able to life and move equipment in and out of cars/vans up to 50 lbs.
HOW WE TAKE CARE OF OUR TEAM
- Work as a Team, Act as a Family! We believe in bringing our team members together in a diverse and friendly company atmosphere to celebrate and socialize to inspire each other and keep out community strong and close inside and out of the office.
- We want you to grow with us and be the best version of yourself, which is why we offer competitive compensation, training/advancement opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
AMAZING MEDICAL BENEFITS & PERKS
- We'll take care of you with industry leading medical, dental, vision plans and many more benefits that allow us and you to continue to be AMAZING!
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or disabled veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, or therein-after referred collectively as “protected veterans”.
Nikon Metrology, Inc.Brighton, MI
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.