Jr. Applications Engineer
Nikon Metrology, Inc. Ann Arbor, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job title: Junior Applications Engineer X-Ray/CT
Work location: Brighton, MI
1. JOB PURPOSE:
To provide quality demonstrations, benchmarking and technical support for X-Ray/CT hardware and software products at an NMI office or at a customer’s facility throughout North and South America.
2. KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Demonstrations and Contract Inspection
• Provide high quality demonstrations on the various X-Ray/CT software packages and products (onsite and in-house);
• Benchmark customer applications; create part programs and/or inspect parts for customers;
• Assist in determining bid strategy;
• Prepare and make presentations to customers using Microsoft PowerPoint;
• Coordinate delivery of customer samples for qualification;
• Participate in product/process evaluations and market introduction of new products;
• Provide support for X-Ray Contract Inspection services;
• Define technical application requirements and translate customer requirements into internal specification documents and communications;
• Provide direct and indirect support for customers;
• Technically close sales opportunities through final presented solution;
• Provide dealer support training;
• Provide customer training and after sales support as directed;
• Assist Sales Managers in technical areas, presentations to customers, and systems recommendations;
• Assist in trade show preparation, demonstration and support;
• Ability to coordinate activities within multiple departments to assist the customer;
• Prepare customer product requirements review and gap analysis;
3. ANCILLARY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist in distributing pertinent technical information to all sales personnel;
• Demonstration equipment and demonstration center(s) upkeep;
• Recommend design improvements to enhance product performance and ease-of-use;
• Log/track customer communications in CRM;
• Log/track demonstrations and projects;
• Test/Log bugs in new software versions;
• Professionally Represent Nikon at all Times;
• Pursuing a Degree or Masters in science, engineering or medical area;
• 2 years relevant industrial experience.
• Experience with Industrial 2D radiography and/or 3D Computed Tomography hardware.
• Experience with voxel processing software such as Volume Graphics Studio or Avizo
A) Functional competencies
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Knowledge of 3D CAD/CAM software
• Experience with metrology/measurement products such as Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM), Laser Scanners, Laser Trackers, Interferometers
• Knowledge of GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2009), blueprint interpretation, ISO, ANSI, SPC and ASNT standards
• Surface Mounted Technology Production Processes
• Video/Digital production skills
• C# programming
• Fluency in Spanish, French, Japanese or Portuguese
B) Core competencies
• Broad minded and well informed in order to act quickly and resolutely;
Seek new knowledge:
• Pioneer new potential through self-study and insatiable curiosity;
• Harmonize diverse skills by thinking out of the box and communicating effectively with others;
• Work with diligence and sincerity as a responsible individual;
• Welcome and value different talents, perspectives and diverse cultures;
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or disabled veteran, Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, or active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, or therein-after referred collectively as “protected veterans”.
Nikon Metrology is dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our objective is to build a world class team with individuals who thrive through open communication, action and expanding of self-development.
Nikon Metrology, Inc.Why Work Here?
Great team, fantastic benefits, and opportunities for growth!
With the acquisition of Metris in 2009, Nikon enlarged its portfolio with optical 3D measuring instruments. The new division "Nikon Metrology" today offers the broadest range of metrology solutions for applications ranging from miniature electronics to the largest aircraft. Nikon Metrology’s innovative measuring and precision instruments contribute to a high-performance design-through-manufacturing process that allows manufacturers to deliver premium quality products in a shorter time. Nikon Metrology is dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our objective is to build a world-class team with individuals who thrive through open communication, action, and the expansion of self-development.
AddressAnn Arbor, MI
EngineeringView all jobs at Nikon Metrology, Inc.