- Bachelor's degree in sciences or engineering.
- Minimum 8 years of work experience in technical roles, including four years minimum of program management experience.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in core program management skill, tools, schedule management, issue and risk management, and facilitation.
- Comprehensive understanding of release management practices, Waterfall/Agile software development methodologies and domain specific best practices.
- Experience working with multiple cross functional teams in delivering large technical infrastructure and consumer initiatives.
- Proven full lifecycle embedded software program management leadership experience in the consumer electronics, fitness, or medical industry - inclusive of manufacturing/NPI.
- Proactive, solutions-oriented with a history of solving unique, complex problems that have a broad, inter-connected impact on the business.
- Strong presentation skill required.
- Superior communication, troubleshooting, time-management, and analytical skills.
- Disposition towards building relationships and leveraging partnerships to navigate complex organizational challenges.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time, including internationally.
- Available for late afternoon/evening conference call.
Nike Smart Systems Engineering envisions, develops, and commercializes digitally enabled and connected products that serve the athlete. We are looking for an experienced Lead Firmware/Software Engineering Program Manager to join our team. As a Lead Firmware/Software Engineering Program Manager for Nike Smart Systems Engineering, you will be responsible for providing broad integration facilitation and leadership, working with internal and external multi-disciplinary development teams to ensure execution and delivery across the program. You'll drive informed decision-making within the framework of the Nike and Smart Systems product development processes. You'll build and maintain multiple master program schedules and variants, track resource needs, mitigate risks, and deliver against project financials. You'll ensure the program continually moves forward at an optimal pace on all fronts and coach cross-functional teams as necessary to follow informed project decision making processes that result in effective risk mitigation and impactful scope change assessments. Join us and help create the future of sport.
- Provide deep experience in enabling firmware, software, and algorithm engineering teams to deliver complex systems with high quality and efficiency.
- Lead Agile release planning practices across the team inclusive of Impact Mapping, Story Mapping, Sprint over Sprint Planning, and Feature Burn down tracking.
- Lead with expert knowledge of the firmware and software development processes to ensure all programs are completed on time, proven to meet or exceed platform requirements, and fully integrated within the Nike Go-to-Market processes.
- Define and map the essential informational inputs that allow integrated program teams, stakeholders, and leadership to make informed decisions and align on most critical program success criteria.
- Demonstrate mastery of vendor engagement practices, proposal evaluation processes, contract negotiations techniques, directing scope of work at highest value proposition levels, and ultimately successful delivery of contracted scope of work.
- Align firmware and software deliverables with hardware development and manufacturing build milestones across platforms, as well as with mobile software development milestones.
- Understand technical issues and risks, driving them to closure by bringing together key internal and external partners for decision making, understanding constraints, converging on solution sets, building consensus with stakeholders, and aligning on priorities.
- Proactively interface directly with Legal and Contracts teams as required to support Program and IP positioning goals.
- Own, forecast, track, and portfolio manage Program budgets balancing risk, schedule, and quality.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. NIKE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 503-671-4156 and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information.