Home Care Aide – Reports to President/CEO / Client Liaison. Direct supervisor Scheduler.
The Home Care Aide enables client to stay in their own home by the established job description, by duties designates on the clients Plan of Care, and in compliance with the state specific licensing regulations and agency policy and practices.
Home Care Aide Job Duties
- Monitor client’s condition by observing physical and mental condition and exercise.
- Assist client by providing personal services, such as bathing, dressing and grooming.
- Meal preparation, serving meals, snacks and assisting with feeding if needed.
- Assuring client safety and maintaining a safe environment.
- Assisting with toileting, incontinent care, including bedpans, urinals and commode chairs.
- Assist with ambulation, using canes, walkers and wheelchairs’, when applicable.
- Assist with safe client transfers and proper body positioning.
- Records clients information by providing appropriate documentation or EVV, according to agency policies and procedures.
- Providing companionship to the client.
- Caring for client’s skin to prevent skin breakdown.
- Medication reminder/assisting with self-administration of medications.
- Cleaning and filing fingernails and toenails
- Responding to and reporting emergency situations to the supervisor or management staff.
- Helps family members care for client’s by teaching proper ways to lift, turn and reposition the patient.
- Supports patients by providing housekeeping and laundry services.
- Accompanying and providing transportation services to Doctors appointments, shopping and running errands
- Maintaining client confidentiality
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state and local requirements.
- Enhances service reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Pay: From $15.00 per hour