High School Internship
- Posted: over a month ago
High School Internship: Skilled Trades
Based in Minster, Ohio, Nidec Press & Automation is a world class supplier of equipment and services for the material forming industry. Nidec Minster presses and material handling equipment are in production in more than 87 countries around the world. A reputation for extreme quality and rugged dependability makes Nidec Press & Automation the obvious choice of leading-edge, productive stampers the world over.
Nidec Press & Automation is seeking motivated and driven individual(s) looking to join our Nidec Minster team as a part-time High School Intern: Skilled Trades at our Minster, Ohio location. This position is a temporary, part-time position involving various classroom and hands-on learning experiences that prepare interns for a career in an advanced manufacturing field. Career opportunities at Nidec Minster include positions in the Machining and Machine Tool Building trades.
High school juniors and seniors throughout west central Ohio are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate would possess the following qualifications:
- Must be a student in good academic standing, ready to start work after the last day of school in the 11th grade.
- Minimum credits at end of junior year: 17
- Minimum GPA at end of junior year: 2.5
- Minimum age at time of initial application: 16
- Minimum attendance, junior year: 93% (subject to exceptions like illness, tragedy, etc.)
- (Non-JVS/Career Center students): Enrollment in a technical program such as Ag (if it teaches equipment maintenance), STEM program, Robotics program, or other mechanical or electromechanical program.
- (JVS/Career Center students): Enrollment in Machining, Auto Tech, Ag Diesel, Engineering Technology, Industrial Power/Mechanics, or Electrical program. Company may consider other career-technical programs. Student must complete first year of the program at the JVS/Career Center.
- Eligible to enroll in undergraduate college courses through Ohio's College Credit Plus program.
- Eligible for day work release to work 1:00pm-5:00pm during senior year.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from Nidec Minster.
Position requires interns to develop key skills on the job through the following work assignments:
- 50%: Complete assigned company courses in a state-of-the-art education center within the company. Courses include mechanical, electrical, machining, fluid power and related courses.
- 50%: Departmental rotation. Interns learn about essential operations functions by working in a broad selection of departments at Nidec Minster.
Nidec Minster's apprenticeship program is articulated to an Applied Technical Studies Associate Degree at Edison State University.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, M/F/D/V
Nidec Minster Corporation will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec Minster Corporation job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Preapproval from the Nidec Minster Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.
Nidec Minster Corporation
BusinessView all jobs at Nidec Minster Corporation