This Product Marketing Specialist role will focus primarily on industrial encoders, and will combine “up-stream / strategic marketing” responsibilities commonly associated with traditional product management related to new product development (Voice of Customer, competitive analysis, product portfolio analysis, among others) with “down-stream / tactical marketing” externally-facing details (campaign design & support, product launch communication). The Specialist will work with Sales organization to maintain competitive insights and ascertain product solution needs to inform product and technology development roadmaps. She/He will analyze options for branding and brand messaging for packaging and other print & electronic materials; will collaborate with R&D, MarCom, and Operations to openly and proactively share information and ideas related to new products and field intel; will contribute to and support new and ongoing promotional campaigns, case studies, white papers. This role interacts closely with – and under the immediate supervision of – the Director of Product Management & Marketing.
Essential Job Functions
- Gain in-depth product knowledge through in-house training and web & field research.
- Collaborate with MarCom, Sales, R&D to create market and Customer insights for product launch support and value proposition development.
- Become proficient in internal systems (ERP, CRM, reporting functionalities, etc.) and organizational workflows.
- Maintain and update product web pages, data sheets and manuals content to ensure accuracy.
- Assist in the preparation of promotional program and sales support materials.
- Develop and maintain competitive product database.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of product portfolio analysis tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, entrepreneurship, business management, or related
- 2-4 years of experience in industrial products or in a related area.