This is a job share position between the quality assurance group and the formulation group with approximately 50% of time spent between the two groups as needed. The Chemist I will perform laboratory release testing on incoming raw materials, in-process formulation, and finished product. All testing will be performed in an accurate and timely manner while maintaining and ensuring quality and compliance. In the formulation group, the Chemist I will be responsible for mixing e-liquids based on set formulations. The position reports to the QA Director and is located in Gainesville, FL.
Responsibilities for the Chemist position include:
- Perform In-Process, Finished Product, and Stability testing using GC, GC/MS, and wet chemistry techniques.
- Analyze raw materials using USP/NF or in-house developed testing methods.
- Prepare standards, samples, solvent mixtures, and reagents for chromatographic analysis.
- Perform all assigned tasks in a timely and organized manner in accordance with cGMP, GLP and company policies and procedures.
- Carry out method development and method validation for specified projects, under supervision.
- Investigate and troubleshoot analytical issues.
- Work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Operate and maintain all analytical instrumentation and equipment as per established procedures.
- Maintain good cGMP practices by following detailed SOP's, maintaining training, laboratory notebooks and good documentation practices.
- Perform semi-complex adjustments to lab equipment and instruments, calibration, preventative maintenance, and qualification of equipment, including completing appropriate documentation.
- Write standard operating procedures (SOPs) for equipment operation, methods, and general laboratory procedures as needed.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by performing routine area housekeeping and reporting unsafe conditions.
- Assists in performing internal quality audits.
- Works with Quality Assurance personnel to investigate any product quality issues.
- Work in the formulation group mixing e-liquid
- Follow set e-liquid recipes and instructions.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related scientific field.
0-5 year’s laboratory experience.
Experience in the QC testing laboratory is preferred.
Experience working closely with manufacturing teams is preferred.
Basic GC and GC/MS operation skills using Chromeleon software is preferred.
Computer proficiency and excellent MS Office skills.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
Comfortable in a fast-paced, small company environment with the ability to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.
Able to lift 50 lbs.