Retail Banking Intern
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The primary focus of this internship is to develop a broad understanding of banking, both retail and commercial. This program will provide the intern with basic working knowledge and skills in credit, retail banking, retail lending, loan processing, operations, small business banking, sales business management and branch management. The goal of this internship is to develop a well-rounded future banker.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are essential job responsibilities:
- Create and establish business relationships throughout the bank
- Exhibit effective follow through and ownership in every customer and employee interaction
- Develop understanding of Nicolet products and services
- Provide professional, courteous and friendly customer service, greeting all customers pleasantly and promptly
- Perform administrative and organizational tasks as needed
- Participate in all training relative to bank products and services
- Adhere to all bank policies and ensure all security and compliance measures are followed
- Maintain a professional environment in both your personal appearance and that of the branch
- Provide suggestions for process improvement as you see fit
The following job responsibilities may be reassigned:
Other related duties as assigned or requested.
KEY JOB BEHAVIORS
- PC, phone system, general office equipment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Solid judgment and decision-making skills
- Confidence and business development ability
- Self-motivated, resourceful and organized
- Ability to think analytically and make business decisions
- Openness to develop knowledge of banking products and services and ability to identify appropriate fit for customer
Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, specifically, the ability to effectively write a variety of correspondence and reports and to explain complex policies and procedures.
Ability to represent the bank in a professional and positive manner.
Uphold the bank’s philosophy and policies by maintaining appropriate controls to aid in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, thereby fulfilling legal responsibilities and enhancing the quality of the bank.
Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
Ability to understand the value of diversity within the workplace and to work successfully with others without regard to age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, culture, religion, disability status, socioeconomic status or other non-job-related classification. A commitment to the bank's policies on equal employment opportunities and non-discrimination with a willingness to pursue efforts of inclusion and respect toward different perspectives.
Education Required/ Preferred:
High School Diploma or equivalent and currently pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business or related field.
Current junior or senior status is required.
Experience Required/ Preferred:
No experience is necessary, but previous finance, accounting, business, or related field classes are preferred.
In compliance with the ADA, performance of this job requires certain physical demands. These demands are as follows but not limited to the ability to sit, stand and walk often throughout the day, constantly be able to operate with their hands and arms, occasionally ascend/descend flights of stairs, position themselves frequently throughout the day, communicate with other employees, able to examine their work and regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds while occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. These physical demands must be met by an employee to be successful and perform at full potential but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Nicolet National Bank
Get fresh Retail Banking Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.