- Posted: over a month ago
Before proceeding with the application process, please review the Fair Credit Reporting Act attachment at the bottom of the page.
The Commercial Banker is responsible for administering and supporting the activities in Commercial Banking to accomplish department goals and objectives. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining a variety of commercial loan accounts (secured and unsecured) that meets established lending requirements and provide maximum profitability to the bank at minimum risk. They will also develop new loan relationships through referral and individual efforts in sales.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The following are essential job responsibilities:
- Attend to the needs of customer relationships and prospects seeking loans or lines of credit on terms that involve a varied amount of risk underwriting. Make decisions on loans and terms within lending limits or makes recommendations to the Senior Lending Officer.
- Manage portfolio within the terms approved and in conformity with bank’s lending policy.
- Provide feedback to customers, where appropriate and within scope of expertise, concerning business management and financial matters to add value to relationships between the customer and bank.
- Develop new business by calling on prospects and customers for commercial loans with an emphasis on cross-selling bank products and services to establish a complete banking relationship between the customer and bank.
- Manage an on-going portfolio including but not limited to past dues, collateral exceptions, renewals, review and account management of overdrafts and collection activities, if necessary.
- Collect and analyze information that reflects the current financial position of customers and prospects with which analysis leads to a recommendation of credit structure and if appropriate closing the credit relationship.
- Participate in community affairs to contribute expertise, better understand the needs of the business community, increase the Bank’s visibility and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Directs and manages work activity of administrative staff, which includes staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations and terminations.
- Keep abreast of new regulations, policies and procedures relative to commercial lending and general economic trends.
The following job responsibilities may be reassigned:
- Other related duties as assigned or requested.
KEY JOB BEHAVIORS
- PC, phone system, general office equipment
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Solid judgment and decision-making skills
Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, specifically, the ability to effectively write a variety of correspondence and reports and to explain complex policies and procedures.
Ability to represent the bank in a professional and positive manner.
Uphold the bank’s philosophy and policies by maintaining appropriate controls to ensure full compliance with applicable laws and regulations, thereby fulfilling legal responsibilities and enhancing the quality of the bank.
Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
Ability to understand the value of diversity within the workplace and to work successfully with others without regard to age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, culture, religion, disability status, socioeconomic status or other non-job-related classification. A commitment to the bank's policies on equal employment opportunities and non-discrimination with a willingness to pursue efforts of inclusion and respect toward different perspectives.
Education Required/ Preferred:
High School Diploma or Equivalent/ Associate or Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or similar
Experience Required/ Preferred:
1-3 years of financial industry experience/ 2-5 years Commercial Banking experience
In compliance with the ADA, performance of this job requires certain physical demands. These demands are as follows but not limited to the ability to sit, stand and walk often throughout the day, constantly be able to operate with their hands and arms, occasionally ascend/descend flights of stairs, position themselves frequently throughout the day, communicate with other employees, able to examine their work and regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds while occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. These physical demands must be met by an employee to be successful and perform at full potential but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Nicolet National Bank
AddressEau Claire, WI
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Nicolet National Bank
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?