Job SummaryAssists Physician(s) and staff with daily coordination of patient care. Performs routine clerical and clinical tasks to keep Physicians, Health Practitioners and office running smoothly. Assists in examination and treatment of patients, coordinating clinical care of patients under the direction of the Physician and/or Clinician.
Minimum Job Requirements
Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program, Medical Assistant certification, or LPN license/completion of an accredited LPN program required.
CPR BLS - American Heart Association BLS
2-4 years of physician's office experience.
2-4 years experience coordinating clinical care for patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates all scheduling & documentation for follow-up testing on clinical diagnosis or procedure preparation (outpatient or referral to another specialist).
- Coordinates scheduling & documentation for patient infusion appointments with MD's orders delivered a month in advance including out of state agencies. Updates authorization & infusion from insurers.
- Coordinates, provides, and documents patient and family education including diagnosis testing or various procedure preparations.
- Coordinates and oversees all patient communications with physician(s) including pertinent messages and documents that need to be completed. Prioritizes communications according to clinical risk.
- Extensively researches various clinical topics for the physician within the system and with various outside agencies.
- Transcribes/composes letters, memoranda, medical examination, clinical referral case summaries, initial workup, consent forms, lab reports, medical notes, or research summaries per leader request.
- Coordinates and interacts with home health agencies for various medical supplies and certifications.
- Tracks all formula and samples before providing to patient to ensure proper coordination with physician orders or requests.
- If applicable, prepares and administers IV medicines and immunizations to patients.
- Completes all patient charting and collection of pertinent medical record documents including obtaining vital signs (i.e. temperature, BP, resp., etc.) & measurements (i.e. height and weight).
- Prepares clinical and other reports for physician's approval.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and patient rooms.
- Maintains all equipment's in proper working condition/order. Ensures medical supplies and inventory are maintained.
- Obtains all necessary authorizations & documentation for patient procedures. Assist physician(s) with procedures and patient transport.
- If applicable, collects specimens, distributes to laboratory, and follows up on patient results.
- Responsible for entering electronic lab orders and medications to go to the MD's message center for sign off.
- Responsible for downloading for Pumps & Mirrors (Endo).
- Responsible for triaging patients.
- Coordinates direct admissions with the hospital.
Fills out paperwork for prescriptions to provide to physician for signature.
High school education or equivalent preferred.
Able to travel to multiple locations to assist with clinic.
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling and professional writing skills.
Knowledge of office equipment including medical equipment.
Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet.
Basic math skills.
Excellent patient management and customer service skills.