General Function: Maintain and create sales opportunities. Develops business by calling on prospects; generating leads for new business for both individual sales. Builds relationships with current customers, follows up on leads generated through Nichols marketing campaign, trade shows and other sources: expected to generate gross profit to meet established goals. Schedules introduction appointments for key targeted prospects for select Outside Account Managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sales Calls: Conducts 50-75 telephone calls per day to maintain and generate new business.
Account Retention: Contact inside sales accounts with annual sales potential $6,000 to $25,000 potential to generate business; gathers contact information and updates WP CRM, convert accounts to e-commerce, promotes awareness of Nichols training activities, Green program and product promotions.
Customer Follow up: Conducts Nichols Marketing Campaign follow up, as well as follow up on product promotions, leads generated from trades shows, customer service and other sources.
Manage Accounts: Generates product proposals and introduces new products to customers. Manages and monitors margins, may participate in maintaining Vendor Managed Inventory.
Prospecting: Works with assigned key Account Managers to generate introductory appointments and assist in account penetration within larger customers.
Other duties as necessary in support of business objectives.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required Associates or Bachelors Degree Preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in sales preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in an administrative support position within customer service, marketing, or sales
- PC experience including Microsoft Office, CRM, Internet Use, E-mail, good keyboarding skills
- Ability to multi task and demonstrate a high sense of urgency with good time management skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Extended viewing of computer monitor screen
- Moderate amount of travel as required by the position