Nicholas Financial, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a consumer finance company, that specializes in purchasing and servicing auto loans made by franchised and independent auto dealer since 1985. If you are ready for a challenging and financially rewarding career, then this is the position for you!
What We're Looking For:
The Collector is responsible for contacting customers who are delinquent in their payment schedule to negotiate a payment plan. We are looking for a Collector who can help us achieve our company financial goals by minimizing losses on automobile accounts. The Collector will be responsible for reviewing each account to determine the best way to approach the customer, and then executing their plan to bring in the maximum amount of revenue. The ideal candidate for this position is able to work as part of a dynamic team, and able to work in an environment where work assignments change frequently.
What You'll Do:
· Initiates communication with customers (both on the phone and one-on-one) to negotiate a payment plan for past-due loans and resolve delinquent accounts
· Places notes in NFI system regarding payment dates, etc.
· Works closely with the Corporate Account Resolution Specialist for collectible cases, Chapters 13 and 7 Bankruptcies, reaffirmations, repossession, etc.
· Represents NFI in Bankruptcy Court with the assistance and direction of the Manager of Corporate Compliance.
· Maintains compliance with industry regulations to include the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Dodd-Frank Act, and other federal and state regulations.
· Adheres to corporate collection policies and delinquency standards (refer to the Policies & Procedures Manual for specifics).
· Maintains ability to effectively utilize the NFI computer system, credit bureau, office equipment, etc.
· Utilizes necessary software to maintain and report data as needed.
· Prepares routine, non-technical correspondence: collection notices, etc.
· Maintain file system on all notices, memorandum, and correspondence.
· Conducts skip trace work as appropriate to locate delinquent customers, location of vehicles for repossession, etc.
· As applicable, assists with ordering and maintaining supplies.
· As required, assists with the general housekeeping of the branch.
· Performs other related job duties/special projects as assigned.
· Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyze information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
· Customer Service – (internal and external); manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments; solicits feedback to improve service.
· Oral Communication – (one-on-one and telephone); speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to question; participates in meetings.
· Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically upholds organizational values.
· Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
· Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary (nights and/or weekends) to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for help and offers help when needed.
· Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
What You'll Need (other than a positive and upbeat attitude):
· Education and/or Experience – High School Diploma or equivalent; plus 1-2 years experience in a collection/bankruptcy environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Language Skills – Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to read and comprehend basic governmental regulations regarding collections and bankruptcy; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group presentations to customers or employees.
· Training: Must be able to pass all of the prerequisite educational classes initially and on a periodic basis as determined by the company policy in place
· Computer Skills – Ability to prepare letters/reports/etc/ using Microsoft Office Products, NFI software and related systems.
· Other Qualifications – Must maintain a valid driver’s license to conduct field calls.
What You'll Get:
A benefits package that begins the 1st of the month, following 30 days
· Medical, Dental, Vision
· 100% Employer Paid Long-Term Disability
· $10K Employer Paid Life Insurance paid (per employee)
· Voluntary Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance
· 401(k) Platform
· 6 Paid Holidays
Why Work Here?Nicholas Financial, Inc., (NASDAQ: NICK), is a publicly traded subprime auto finance company, established in 1985, that specializes in purchasing and servicing auto loans made by franchised and independent auto dealers, via a network of company owned and operated branch offices. Also, please check out our Website at: nicholasfinancial.com
Nicholas Financial is a publicly traded industry leader.