Nicholas Financial, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a consumer finance company, that specializes in purchasing and servicing auto loans made by franchised and independent auto dealer since 1985. If you are ready for a challenging and financially rewarding career, then this is the position for you!
What We're Looking For:
The Collector is responsible for contacting customers who are delinquent in their payment schedule to negotiate a payment plan. We are looking for a Collector who can help us achieve our company financial goals by minimizing losses on automobile accounts. The Collector will be responsible for reviewing each account to determine the best way to approach the customer, and then executing their plan to bring in the maximum amount of revenue. The ideal candidate for this position is able to work as part of a dynamic team, and able to work in an environment where work assignments change frequently.
What You'll Do:
- Initiates communication with customers to negotiate a payment plan for past-due loans and resolve delinquent accounts.
- Place notes in NFI system regarding payment dates, etc.
- Maintains compliance with industry regulations to include the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Dodd-Frank Act, and other federal and state regulations.
- Adheres to corporate collection policies and delinquency standards (refer to the Policies & Procedures Manual for specifics).
- Maintains ability to effectively utilize the NFI computer system, credit bureau, office equipment, etc.
- Utilizes necessary software to maintain and report data as needed.
- Prepares routine, non-technical correspondence: collection notices, etc.
- Maintain file system on all notices, memorandum, and correspondence.
- Conducts skip trace work as appropriate to locate delinquent customers, location of vehicles for repossession, etc.
- Performs other related job duties/special projects as assigned.
What You'll Need (other than a positive and upbeat attitude):
- Education and/or Experience – High School Diploma or equivalent; plus 1-2 years experience in a collection/bankruptcy environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to read and comprehend basic governmental regulations regarding collections and bankruptcy; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and small group presentations to customers or employees.
- Training: Must be able to pass all of the prerequisite educational classes initially and on a periodic basis as determined by the company policy in place
- Computer Skills – Ability to prepare letters/reports/etc/ using Microsoft Office Products, NFI software and related systems.
- Other Qualifications – Must maintain a valid driver’s license to conduct field calls.
What You'll Get:
A benefits package that begins the 1st of the month, following 60 days for Med, Dental and Vision), 90 days for ancillary plans.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 100% Employer Paid Long-Term Disability (after completion of 1 yr service)
- 100% Employer Paid Group Term Life and AD&D
- $10K Employer Paid Life Insurance paid (per employee)
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Platform
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Shift Diff every other Saturday (10a-3p) AND No Sundays!!