Nicholas Financial, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a consumer finance company, that specializes in purchasing and servicing auto loans made by franchised and independent auto dealers since 1985.
The Assistant Branch Manager is an opportunity to put your career on a fast-track as you will have consistent training and mentoring for the first 90 days!
What We're Looking For:
A highly motivated Assistant Branch Manager to help lead our branch! Our full-service branches handle all aspects of dealer development, application processing, credit underwriting, funding, account servicing, collections and other duties related to branch growth and profitability. This position will work closely with the Branch Manager to learn how to promote business development and drive growth by gaining proficiency in all phases of office administration, communicating with managers and Corporate Office personnel, building and maintaining dealer relationships, outside sales, as well as assisting with a portfolio of accounts.
What You'll Do:
- Assists Branch Manager by effectively soliciting and closing Indirect and Direct (where licensed) loans in accordance with volume goals; includes credit investigation, customer interview, collateral valuation, etc.
- Review and analyze credit applications
- Responds to customer issues when necessary
- Under close supervision of the Branch Manager, the ABM I will perform most aspects of branch administration to include: creation of new contract files, inputs customer contracts, verification of all pertinent documentation, responsible check signing, etc.
- Handle majority of Branch Manager functions during absences with regards to branch delinquency and administration meetings, reviews reports, makes delinquency decisions, addition of VSI, etc.
- Maintains compliance with industry regulations to include the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Dodd-Frank Act, and other federal and state regulations
- Cross-sells NFI products and services
- As required, assists with the general housekeeping of the Branch Performs other related job duties and special projects as assigned
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Customer Service – (internal and external) Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments; solicits feedback to improve service.
- Oral Communication – (one-on-one and telephone); speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information; and have great attention to detail
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically upholds organizational values.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for help when needed.
What You'll Need (other than a positive, upbeat attitude and entrepreneurial spirit):
- Education and/or Experience – High School Diploma or equivalent with some business school or junior college courses; plus 6 months experience in banking, finance or automotive credit; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Training: Must be able to pass all of the prerequisite educational classes initially and on a periodic basis as determined by the company policy in place.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Attention to Detail – Ability to identify discrepancies from collected data and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer Skills – Knowledge of PC’s, NFI software and related systems.
- Other Qualifications – Maintains understanding of cash handling, credit reports and office procedures
What You'll Get:
A benefits package that begins the 1st of the month, following 30 days of employment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 100% Employer Paid Long-Term Disability
- Group Term Life
- $10K Employer Paid Life Insurance paid
- Voluntary Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Platform
- 6 Paid Holidays
Why Work Here?Nicholas Financial, Inc., (NASDAQ: NICK), is a publicly traded subprime auto finance company, established in 1985, that specializes in purchasing and servicing auto loans made by franchised and independent auto dealers, via a network of company owned and operated branch offices. Also, please check out our Website at: nicholasfinancial.com
Nicholas Financial is a publicly traded industry leader.
City of Saint Peters, MO