Nicholas Financial Inc. West Jordan, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Branch Manager drives our mission by working with leaders across the business to ensure Nicholas Financial is a great place to work for all our employees. Our team achieves results by being innovative, driven, collaborative and trustworthy.
Nicholas Financial, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is a consumer finance company that specializes in purchasing and servicing auto loans made by franchised and independent auto dealer since 1985.
What We're Looking For:
A highly motivated Branch Manager to help lead our branch! Our full-service branches handle all aspects of dealer development, application processing, credit underwriting, funding, account servicing, collections and other duties related to branch growth and profitability. The Branch Manager is primarily responsible for branch operations with a strong focus on collections, account management, personnel management, and underwriting skills. The position requires extensive proficiency in all phases of office administration, training/supervising/disciplining staff, communication staff/managers/the general public and the Corporate Office. The Branch Manager acquires indirect installment sales contracts from automobile dealers and originates direct consumer loans.
What You'll Do:
• Serves as the primary representative between employees of the branch and upper management.
• Ensures that the branch generates a high volume of quality direct and indirect loans. This requires providing guidance to employees in the areas of dealers solicitation, direct solicitation, credit review,
purchasing installment sales contracts, contract processing, collections, repossessions and deficiency collections.
• Has direct supervisory responsibility for branch staff and coordinates the daily work activities: pulls/reads/and understands all branch reports, account promises, repossession, sic add-on, etc.; must be able
to perform all aspects of the branch deposit including posting mail and counter payments, balancing the cash drawer and completing the deposit. May delegate this responsibility to the Assistant Branch
Manager if applicable.
• Responsible for the supervision of all branch staff. Is responsible for maintaining the training and coaching of the staff (to include all policy manuals, lending/purchasing manuals, handbooks, etc.), hiring and
periodic evaluations. Conducts disciplinary actions as needed.
• May delegate this responsibility to the Assistant Branch Manager if applicable.
• Responsible for a portfolio of accounts: aggressively manages portfolio and participates in business development, makes effective one-on-one sales calls on new and existing dealers, acquires new dealer
agreements, generates application flow resulting in new contracts, meets and exceeds business generation goals
• Develops Assistant Branch Manager and/or Senior Administrator in this area.
• Consistently and effectively solicits and closes direct loans (if applicable) in accordance with volume goals; includes credit investigation, customer interview collateral valuation, etc.
• May delegate this responsibility to the Assistant Branch Manager.
• Ensures the daily workflow is coordinated to include the timely distribution of the delinquent call list: 30-day delinquency, skip tracing, small claims, repossession disposition, field calls, ect.
• Must consistently meet and exceed the delinquency goals.
• Must be able to perform all aspects of branch administration: interviewing customers, booking out automobiles, making sound credit decisions, requesting exceptions, contacting dealer to negotiate call
back, follow up on approvals and conditions, creation of new contract files, inputting customer contracts, verification of all pertinent documentation, responsible check signing, etc.
• Conducts Branch delinquency and administration meetings, reviews reports, makes delinquency decisions, field calling and skip tracing, makes repossession requests, determines payment arrangements,
• Adheres to corporate collection policies and delinquency standards (refer to the Policies & Procedures Manual for specifics).
• Maintains compliance with industry regulations to include the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Dodd-Frank Act, and other federal and state regulations.
• Responds to customer issues when necessary.
• Cross-sells NFI products and services.
• As required, assists with the general housekeeping of the Branch.
• Performs other related job duties/special projects as assigned.
• Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason
when dealing with emotional topics.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Customer Service – (internal and external) Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments;
solicits feedback to improve service.
• Oral Communication – (one-on-one and telephone); speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; present numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written
information; and have great attention to detail
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically upholds organizational values.
• Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; asks for help when needed.
What You'll Need (other than a positive, upbeat attitude and entrepreneurial spirit):
• Education and/or Experience – High School Diploma or equivalent with some business school or junior college courses; plus 6 months experience in banking, finance or automotive credit; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
• Training: Must be able to pass all of the prerequisite educational classes initially and on a periodic basis as determined by the company policy in place.
• Language Skills – Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in small group situations to customers,
clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Attention to Detail – Ability to identify discrepancies from collected data and draw valid conclusions.
• Computer Skills – Knowledge of PC’s, NFI software and related systems.
• Other Qualifications – Maintains understanding of cash handling, credit reports and office procedures
What You'll Get: (A benefits package that begins the 1st of the month, following 60 days for Med, Dental and Vision. 90 days for ancillary plans.)
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• 100% Employer Paid Long-Term Disability
• Group Term Life and AD&D
• $10K Employer Paid Life Insurance paid (per employee)
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability Insurance
• 401(k) Platform
• 6 Paid Holidays
Nicholas Financial Inc.
AddressWest Jordan, UT
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Nicholas Financial Inc.