Director of Finance 9612DW
Niche component manufacturer Benton Harbor, MI
- Expired: 28 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Career Transitions, LL has been awarded a recruiting project to find a Director of Finance for a premier manufacturer in southwestern lower Michigan. Seeking an experienced Director of Finance or Controller, with superior leadership skills and a hands-on approach to managing and motivating a team. Boardroom presence and the ability to build internal and external relationships is required. This position reports to the President of the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Set accounting department priorities and strategic initiatives.
- Guide the implementation of best-in-class processes and procedures to support institutional reporting requirements.
- Financial statement preparation and analysis.
- Cost accounting ~ cost analysis: Contribution margin trends, drivers, and recommendation. Inventory burden analysis.
- Cash flow planning, forecasting, and analysis.
- Assist with banking management; lender relationships and communication, borrowing base management, and bank account and debt management.
- Help drive annual budget development and maintenance.
- Landlord duties: management of multiple tenants coupled with business insurance oversight.
- In the spirit of continuous improvement, always look for way to implement new processes/technology to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of accounting outputs.
- Lead the accounting team to improve existing financial reporting (from timeliness and data integrity standpoint).
- Lead the development and delivery of additional reporting for the President.
- Provide guidance for technical accounting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with at least 5+ years experience as a Director of Finance or Controller with a manufacturing company.
- Cost accounting experience.
- Must exhibit demonstrated leadership skills in motivating and mentoring a team of professionals.
- M&A experience and strategic planning background.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Company offers excellent work/life balance. Strong tenure among members of the staff. Company focuses on mutual respect and employee engagement among the staff. Strong compensation package including quarterly paid bonuses and great benefits.
Niche component manufacturerWhy Work Here?
Outstanding culture and leadership development among the staff. Hands-on getting involved in all aspects of the business.
Company that has been in business for 45 years. Known for high quality products servicing a diverse industrial base.
AddressBenton Harbor, MI
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Niche component manufacturer